lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
kicson66
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs down Where to start?

Hey guys! I had a 202 melex electric cart given to me this weekend. The batteries are junk, (looks like they froze) don't know where to start! I don't want to buy $600.00 worth of batteries and find out the motor is junk! Think its worth fixing? body wise its in great shape! no rust, Could use a coat of paint tho!
kicson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Where to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicson66 View Post
Hey guys! I had a 202 melex electric cart given to me this weekend. The batteries are junk, (looks like they froze) don't know where to start! I don't want to buy $600.00 worth of batteries and find out the motor is junk! Think its worth fixing? body wise its in great shape! no rust, Could use a coat of paint tho!
Is the charger a "timer" or "automatic"? If a timer model, plug it into the car and turn it on, with the back jaked up....key on/in forward or reverse, push on the accelerator pedal.....see if it will run. Good luck dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to start?

"Free" carts are usually money pits - especially a non-running one. A Melex is best sent on to the junk yard, sorry - you asked where to start. I would say "don't" - save your repair money and invest it into a cart that is still being manufactured AND one where you can buy parts for...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
202 melex, been sitting for years
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts