lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #21
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS age/Front panel

I'd guess it's a 1992 if everything is original. 1992 was the last year for the fiberglass rear bodies (with the riveted-on fender flares), as well as the narrower nose piece where the headlights mount (as shown in my infographic that Lockman posted). But it was the first year for the FE290 motor, which your cart has.

1992 was also the final year for the black/aluminum rear bumper with the plastic end caps. In 1993 they went to an all-black plastic/polymer bumper. So your rear bumper also indicates that it's most likely a 1992.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #22
HookUpsCustoms
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I'd guess it's a 1992 if everything is original. 1992 was the last year for the fiberglass rear bodies (with the riveted-on fender flares), as well as the narrower nose piece where the headlights mount (as shown in my infographic that Lockman posted). But it was the first year for the FE290 motor, which your cart has.

1992 was also the final year for the black/aluminum rear bumper with the plastic end caps. In 1993 they went to an all-black plastic/polymer bumper. So your rear bumper also indicates that it's most likely a 1992.
You're 1 year off. 1991was last year of the flathead carts with the fiberglass bodies. 92-96 was 1st gen of the FE-290 which were still reverse rotation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
HookUpsCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:55 AM   #23
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

1992 was the last year for the fiberglass bodies, first year with the FE290!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #24
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookUpsCustoms View Post
You're 1 year off. 1991was last year of the flathead carts with the fiberglass bodies. 92-96 was 1st gen of the FE-290 which were still reverse rotation.

Nope. While you're right that 1991 was the last year for the flatheads, 1992 carts (with FE290s) still had the fiberglass bodies.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #25
HookUpsCustoms
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Nope. While you're right that 1991 was the last year for the flatheads, 1992 carts (with FE290s) still had the fiberglass bodies.
I've had 2 that have both come with the newer style body. Hmm...

Old 04-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #26
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Did you buy your carts new in 1992 from a Club Car dealer? It's very common to see carts with newer bodies on them as they're easy to swap, especially carts from fleet environments like golf courses, etc. They mix 'n' match bodies constantly. When I got my '87 it had (and still has) a plastic main body on it.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

IDK. I've had some weird stuff on 1992 Club Cars that don't add up to what they are "supposed" to be. Mid year changes maybe? Using up leftover parts?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:19 PM   #28
HookUpsCustoms
Not Yet Wild

I currently have a '92 that has the prior brown dash & seatbacks. I've had 2 other '92s that had the new style black parts. Maybe they began them with the rest of the brown parts??

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car