lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
Mbeagle
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 84 ds surging at full throttle

I recently bought an 84 club car ds. It ran rough when I got it so I replaced the air filter, fuel filters, carburator, and spark plug. It seems to run alright from idle to around half throttle but when I run it full throttle it surges and max speed is only around 7mph. I've also tried adjusting the carb but haven't had any luck, not sure what to try next?
Mbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2018, 06:07 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 84 ds surging at full throttle

Try disconnecting the speed governor to see if that corrects the problem. It's that long metal rod that runs from the transaxle up to the carburetor. Be careful not to over-rev the motor. Without the speed governor the motor can be revved to unsafe levels, so unless the person driving it has a good feel for the limitations of the motor, it should be fixed and operational.

That being said, neither of my two carts have the speed governor hooked up, but I'm the only one who drives them.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
Mbeagle
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 84 ds surging at full throttle

I unhooked the speed gov linkage at the carburetor and didn't notice any difference. It may be more of the engine running rough than a surge I guess.
Mbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car