lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Where does this part go?

I have a rattle in my 2017 Precedent with the Subaru engine and I found the attached part. This could be my issue but I have no idea where it goes. I found it laying under the engine in on skid plate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0195.jpg (117.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0196.jpg (107.0 KB, 0 views)
barneyz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Where does this part go?

Kinda looks like the shock absorber that goes on the front engine mount. Its loose to allow engine to move due to torque. It should slide on.

That would definately cause a rattle if that pad is off.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #3
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncearacer52 View Post
Kinda looks like the shock absorber that goes on the front engine mount. Its loose to allow engine to move due to torque. It should slide on.

That would definately cause a rattle if that pad is off.
Yes that is it. I got it back on and the rattle is gone. It looks like it could come out again though. The engine mount tongue doesn't go that far into the mounting area. Anyone got a pic of how this should look?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0197.jpg (94.5 KB, 0 views)
barneyz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yup! the Snubber!

It's common that they just come off!
Sadly, the engine cradle was designed to move up and down, forward and backward for a somewhat comfortable ride!

What I did was, apply a light coat of white latex painters caulk to the bracket,
then slide the snubber on and let it cure... That way it won't slide off on it's own!
THEN... when the snubber does wear out, it's an easy removal, clean up, and replacement.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snubber1.jpg (174.5 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Yup! the Snubber!

It's common that they just come off!
Sadly, the engine cradle was designed to move up and down, forward and backward for a somewhat comfortable ride!

What I did was, apply a light coat of white latex painters caulk to the bracket,
then slide the snubber on and let it cure... That way it won't slide off on it's own!
THEN... when the snubber does wear out, it's an easy removal, clean up, and replacement.

Pretty common item on the DS carts. I bought 6 CC DS's from a golf course this Spring and every one of them needed a new snubber!
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I bought about 10 of those for the carts I work on (they all needed them) and within a year all of them were gone. Aftermarket replacements, seems like they all just split and fell off.

I came up with an idea alot cheaper than buying more snubbers. Heavy duty Heater hose from the auto parts store! 2.99 /ft.
Cut a section about 12-14" long, run a 16" zip tie through the middle. Wrap it around the stub the snubber slides on and cinch the zip tie down tight. Have those on several of my gas carts right now and haven't lost one yet in over two years. Even if they do fall off... $4 to make another one. Alot easier to put on than a snubber too, especially on the older carts that don't have the removable bracket.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car