lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #1
Brand4192
Not Yet Wild

Default Gov failure to activate

Hey guys so I had someone replace a bearing in the gearbox of a 2008 DS and now the governer fails to kick in at all. Would anyone have ideas how I can fix this? The cables are all attached properly and not damaged. I’m suspecting a failure inside the gearbox since it was working properly prior.
Brand4192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gov failure to activate

If the cables and linkage you see externally are in place the problem is internal. Something was either put together wrong or left out. Either way the rear end will have to come apart.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
Brand4192
Not Yet Wild

Do you an idea of what to look for? I’m gonna do it myself and I have little experience with gearbox’s
Brand4192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:50 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

It just occurred to me that it may not have been set and tightened down when the work was done. Check this: Put the cart in "maintenance". With engine cold enough to put your hand back there check to see if the pinch bolt on the governor arm is tightened. See if the vertical rod for the governor moves any when you speed up the engine.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car