lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
Woosterdelt
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 Club Car DS Kill Circuit/Rev Limiter Not Starting Issues

After reading posts and chasing this issue for 2 years, I've decided to ask for some guidance here.

I have a 96 Club Car DS. A couple of years ago the cart started to cut out, like a loss of spark issue. I deemed at the time it was an ignitor issue. Well, it did not have a separate ignitor, and I replaced the magneto/ignitor assembly (all in one). It worked fine for about 6 months.

Then it stated doing the same thing again. I replaced the ignition switch, re set the valve lash, checked the spark (which has checked fine no matter what was fixed), to no avail.

It went to the Club Car Dealer in Terra Haute, IN. They stated it was a plugged fuel line from the tank. I went and picked it up, and it ran great.

6 months later...same thing. when you press on the gas pedal it wants to sputter and backfire but not start. It will eventually start if you only have the gas pedal depressed about 2 inches. If you reconnect the rev limiter, it will not start at all. This is a new factory CC rev limiter. All micro switches have been replaced and the levers set to click when the conditions are right.

Today I went through the carb again with the appropriate passage cleaning wires, reset the jet screws to factory settings, replaced the fuel pump with a new CC one, replaced the solenoid just for the sake of it, and it still doed the same thing.

It will run and drive only if you depress the gas pedal only 2 inches. Otherwise it will cough and sputter and refuse to start. This is with the rev limiter disconnected as I referred to previously. If I reconnect the rev limiter, old or new, it will not start at all. The odd thing is that it will show spark with an air gap spark checker both when it will not start and when it will start, without a detectable change in the quality of the spark on the checker.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Woosterdelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car