lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Carryall differences??

I'm just curious, what are the differences between the different carryall versions? A carryall 1, 2, vs. Turf or some of the other flavors of the cart?

I have a turf 2 i picked up from another member here, and love the thing, still in the (slow) process if restoring it and upgrading it. It was quite rough when I got it and would leak a quart of oil overnight... mechanically now it's almost perfect. Occasionally will diesel when you stop, just haven't gotten around to putting a better (not stretched) spring in ti close the throttle plate. Mostly I'm just curious what is different in my turf 2 vs. Any other carryall.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #2
planejob
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carryall differences??

So i had this question recently, and my info may be wrong, but here is what I (think I) learned:
Carryall: Regular DS wheelbase. pedal start gas or electric.
Carryall II: Extended wheelbase. Usually with a dump bed (?). pedal start gas or electric.
Carryall II Plus: Extended Wheelbase, key start, not pedal start. key start gas only.
Carryall 6: Longer than a 2... don't know if if they were gas only or electric only...
Turf: Had bigger tires on it as described in the owner's manual. not much else was different.
planejob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:43 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Carryall II Plus. Don't you mean pedal start electric only?

Mine (gas) is a key start, straight from the factory as far as I know.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if mine is a "II" or a "II Plus."
Old 10-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Interesting. Mine is an 01 Turf 2, with the kawasaki 350 and pedal start. I think it has the standard 18" tires on it, though I would have to go out and look because honestly, i haven't paid much attention. It runs great, drives, and hauls stuff around the farm so it's functional. I'll get into fixing the steering (worn tie rod end) and other stuff when I get a couple other things out of the way. what size was it supposed to have come with if it came with larger tires?

Didn't realize they had a key start option. It appears to have originally had the hydraulic dump bed (the switch next to the choke under the seat) but someone gutted that at some point. Planning to use a linear actuator or electric lift motor to make that work, depending on what I have laying around the shop. That bed is quite heavy! Does a great job at insulating the noise from the engine though, you can barely hear the thing run! It is definitely much longer than a standard golf cart, however.

I can find very few options for lift kits for the carryall. Will a DS lift work? I did read some of them had front brakes and that can affect lift kit options (mine does not).
Old 10-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

yes the lift kits for the ds will fit the carryalls and turf 2s, also believe the actuators for the dump beds are electric from factory. not hydraulic.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Hmm... I've seen both; electric and hydraulic. No idea which mine was originally equipped with, I see holes where it looks like the hydraulic pump would have been mounted but that's just a guess. regardless, i'll be going with an electric actuator due to cost :) I don't do anything real heavy with it, and really don't need the power dump bed but I'd like to make everything work like it was meant to do when it was new.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Interesting. Mine is an 01 Turf 2, with the kawasaki 350 and pedal start. I think it has the standard 18" tires on it, though I would have to go out and look because honestly, i haven't paid much attention. It runs great, drives, and hauls stuff around the farm so it's functional. I'll get into fixing the steering (worn tie rod end) and other stuff when I get a couple other things out of the way. what size was it supposed to have come with if it came with larger tires?

Didn't realize they had a key start option. It appears to have originally had the hydraulic dump bed (the switch next to the choke under the seat) but someone gutted that at some point. Planning to use a linear actuator or electric lift motor to make that work, depending on what I have laying around the shop. That bed is quite heavy! Does a great job at insulating the noise from the engine though, you can barely hear the thing run! It is definitely much longer than a standard golf cart, however.

I can find very few options for lift kits for the carryall. Will a DS lift work? I did read some of them had front brakes and that can affect lift kit options (mine does not).
IDK. I will look when I get home. But it has factory front brakes and key start. Interesting.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car