lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
imaqtpa2t
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 Gas Club Car Wont turn over Press peddle

I have a 2001 Gas Club Car Carry All It has been intermittently not turning over when I hit the gas peddle. I thought it was the battery so I have been charging the battery and it would start. Recently though It wont turn over when I charge it and hit the peddle What happens is the red light on the fuel gauge goes from one single line to all the lines lit and it does not turn over. I tried to find a solenoid to jump it and test it but no luck I can not find the solenoid. Is there any advice I can get from the Club Car experts out there this is a 2001. Appears as though the battery is good the bed goes up and down good and the lights light up but I get just a faint sound when I step on the gas I have also tried this in reverse as well as forward. I have also tested it in maintenance mode. First I need to locate the solenoid any help would be appreciated.
imaqtpa2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Gas Club Car Wont turn over Press peddle

If it is an intermittent thing it's much more likely to be the starter/generator brushes than the solenoid. Usually if the solenoid fails, it fails completely. Starter/generator is common to be intermittent. Luckily it's right on top and very easy to get to :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If it has the side post battery, disconnect the battery cables and make sure the terminals and cable ends are 100% shiny clean.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:49 PM   #4
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like a bad ground somewhere, I'd start cleaning connections at the battrey and S/G
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #5
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine was same problem, Removed starter / gen removed rubber plugs over the brush holes , blew out with air put bac together, worked better, then I chnaged brushes , problem solved,
410MAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, magneto, solenoid, turn over
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car