lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
danc
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 Gas Club car

The repair shop says i need a new coil. Its a big job getting access to it. Is it possible to cut an access hole to replace it from the top? If this is a stupid question and not an option what is a ball park cost for the labor?
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2018, 09:27 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Gas Club car

No easy access. You dont have to completely pull the motor, but will have to remove it from the cradle and flip on its side some so you can get the fan shroud off.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:51 AM   #3
danc
Not Yet Wild

What do shops usually charge?
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:09 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

No clue I always do my own work. Most shops charge between $75-90/hr and it can be done in quite a bit less but I'd plan on a 2-3 hour job, depending on the shop.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You can cut it but whatever part is cut needs to be put back to keep proper airflow for cooling the engine.
I cut part of the shield off on one of mine to get access to the coil. It's not pretty but I didn't have time to pull the motor to get full access to it.

Did the sop not give you a labor quote? Can't really say what they would charge. Labor rates vary from place to place.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car