lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Default Key start cart, key switch replacement club car

The key switch in my club car is getting wore out and Id like to replace it. Being a key start cart, it has a 5 terminal switch. All the ones I see online are 4 terminal. The few places that have 5 terminal are out of stock. Is there a way to wire it going from a 5 terminal down to a 4 terminal? The item #1018264-01 is the 5 terminal I need to replace. thank you
Rmiller863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Key start cart, key switch replacement club car

You could use a 4 terminal and then wire a push button for the "start" function.

Or, find one for a lawn mower, 4wheeler, or something else with the start function built into the key switch (polaris uses the key to start). If you know your wire color/function, and are handy with a meter it's not hard to figure out which terminal have continuity at what key position.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It's doable, but you're way better off to get the correct switch from Club Car.
You will have to permanently modify the trim plate to get a generic switch to fit.
You do Need a 5 pin switch, and the 5th pin is for a ground contact to kill the ignition circuit. It can work without that, but it's far from ideal.
The club car switch is also a much better quality switch than many aftermarket switches. I have several carts with aftermarket switches and doesn't seem to matter which brand of switch I use, they always need to be replaced in a few years.
They're far more of a headache than they're worth.
I would certainly put all of mine back to OE switches if I didn't have to replace all 8 trim plates, and all 8 switches, and correct the wiring nightmare that's been done on all of them.

Contact David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars, He can get you the correct switch that you need.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:00 PM   #4
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Got the OEM ordered. Thanks again
Rmiller863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car