lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
LittleEd26
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacing a DS seat

Hi fellow carters. I'm looking to replace the front seat on my late 80s DS because the wood has rotted away. Can anyone give me some guidance on this process? Are the aftermarket ebay seat covers any good?
LittleEd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Replacing a DS seat

I used a Lazy Life seat cover. HEAVY marine grade vinyl at a price that doesn't pay me to source the material and make it myself. Barn cats have yet to make a hole in it! GREAT company service too, [the owner called on a Sunday to confirm details on my order!] Need more businesses like that nowadays!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I have done this several times. Hopefully you have enough of the old seat bottom to trace it out. Take lots of photos and treat your old hardware etc. as if it is gold. You will have to measure and cut precisely because there is no room for error. Note the order in which everything must be done. Don't wait until last to drill the air holes in the bottom.

As for the covers I'm sure the company Dundee suggested is a fine company. I use UPTOPAR, a company in Florida. Lots of color selections, quality product, great customer service and pricing. If you have never done this, go on youtube for tips stapling the covers.

Hope this helps.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do exactly what mooncarter suggests! I rebuilt my seat by tracing old wood for pattern, buying new T-nuts and bolts, uptopar covers and a cheap electric stapler from harbor freight. I reused the foam on mine as it wasn’t too bad but wood was rotten. It was a fun project!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E5AF5439-5C96-41C6-B361-7B2097D14B05.jpg (301.4 KB, 0 views)
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingerbateman View Post
Do exactly what mooncarter suggests! I rebuilt my seat by tracing old wood for pattern, buying new T-nuts and bolts, uptopar covers and a cheap electric stapler from harbor freight. I reused the foam on mine as it wasn’t too bad but wood was rotten. It was a fun project!
Nice looking seats. Great job!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Times 2 on lazy life except I cheated. They are just over the river from me so I just drove over there. Was working on an older DS and upper and lower seats were toast. I bought both with new hardware and already covered for like $150.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:25 PM   #7
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I also used Up To Par Covers. Great covers, marine grade vinyl and they are still very soft and flexible after 4 or 5 years. They have a very reasonable price, fit perfect, look good and would definitely use again.

I also bought the HFT stapler which makes the job easier. I would go one step farther and recommend to buy stainless steel staples so they don't rust. Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0687.jpg (220.7 KB, 0 views)
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Me too ! Up to Par is great and great prices too. I had to replace all the plywood on mine along with hardware
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC Seats 1.jpg (102.7 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car