lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Going from elec to gas

Love the freedom of the gas, no messing with batts. Chargers, algorithms,controllers etc. dont care much for the noise , but some sound barrier matting has really helped. 15 to 20 mph on the elec club car cost about a 100 bucks, 15 to 20 on the gas club car 15 mins with a wrench. Seems like the problem solving questions on here are at least 5 to 1 elec. vs gas. Think I made the right choice going gas.
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Going from elec to gas

I also went from electric to gas!
I never minded the noise of an engine... I actually really like it, because I know it's running!
(We've been driving cars all our lives, so it's just something that all of us should be used to.)

It's really kind of odd...
Most of the sparky guys claim that there's "less maintenance" on a sparky then a gasser, and I disagree!
Oil, Air filter, and spark plug changes really aren't all that difficult!

As compared to...
Making sure it's on the charger literally every time after you use it,
checking the water levels, and adding water in the batteries, (not always a simple task)
and replacing the batteries every 6 years... $$$$...
AND THEN...tracking down electrical issues! (not IF... but, WHEN they arise!)

The difficult part about having a gas cart is... a lot of places won't allow them!
Yeah... it's scares the wildlife away if your hunting. (and I don't hunt, so...)
AND... people "Going Green" might try to give you some flak!

Anyway... Welcome!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

One thing to note... unless you drive it a LOT (and I mean a LOT) I never put more than a gallon or two of gas in at a time, or it can go bad before you burn it all off. You can get 300+ miles to a tank pretty easily. A lot of people dont drive 300+ miles per year in their golf cart. Most gas starts to degrade after about a month. Even ethanol free will go bad, just takes it longer.

Other than that, agree completely. The silence of an electric cart admittedly is pretty nice, but cost of repairs of an electric cart outweighs the benefit of noise.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I have both. And both have advantages.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:31 PM   #5
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

not worried about the gas i average 15 miles a day, and use stabil blue in the tank
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Make it Fast , Make it Last, Make it Gas . Look how many older gas carts there are here running around compared to sparkies.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:17 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

6 one, half dozen the other.
Clutch rebuilds/replacement, belts, spark plugs, filters,
Or batteries, constant watering, cleaning terminals, replacing cables, and occasionally new brushes/bearing in the motor.
Each has a finite life span, determinant on how well it’s maintained, but everyone’s definition of “good maintenance” varies. I work on multiples of both. They’re both a pain in the rear when they want to be.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:11 PM   #8
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Different strokes for different folks. That said, gas is my preference too. The high points for me outweigh the downside and that doesn't sway me away. Electric carts are just not as attractive as gas. For how I like to use a cart a gasser does very well.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:50 PM   #9
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

We’re all gas too, by choice. We use our carts for hauling people, cleaning supplies, water coolers , fire wood, the occasional injured camper. We have used elec. at other facilities, but no one ever plugs them in - ‘cept me of course. haha
When the gas carts run out of fuel a mile from anywhere, running a can gas out is much easier than towing it back! We also fill our carts as much as they’ll hold; 5+ gallons, quite often, so I bettter check out the tuning, air cleaners, etc. ‘cause we sure aren’t getting near 300 miles on a tank full.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car