lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #1
MarlinDarlin
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Subaru EFI vs EZGO Kawasaki

I'm new to this Forum but I'm pretty sure I have read over a 100 pages worth of info.

I want to get some real world info and opinions.

I am looking at getting my first Cart and it would either be a 2016 Club car with the Subaru EFI engine or 2015/16 EZGO TXT or S4 with the Kawasaki engine. It will be lifted and then covered to a LSV and plated near the beach in FL.

From what I have read I will be able to get each cart to go in the 20's pretty easily, but will the EFI give me that much more power for having 4 people on board? What about the aluminum frame vs the Steel frame. Do I really need to worry that much about it if the cart will be rinsed off and garage kept?

Thank you all for the advise as i'm really on the fence!!
MarlinDarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Subaru EFI vs EZGO Kawasaki

The Subaru engines will run over 30mph with minimal mods on slightly larger than stock tires, and still have plenty of torque to get 4 people moving.
The biggest downside of the Subaru engine is they don't make them anymore.

I don't know much about the Ezgo Kawasaki engine.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Another issue with the Subaru motor is if the ECU goes sour. You wont fix it. 2000 dollars to replace.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #4
Torka
Not Yet Wild

The dealer recommends replacement of the throttle body, injector, map sensor, and Ecu all at the same time if one fails. Apparently they are a matched set. The other issue with them is they didn’t have a compression release from the factory. So some times they get stuck on the compression stroke and burn up the starter belt. If you tighten the starter belt to compensate it may lead to other starter issues.
Torka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #5
MarlinDarlin
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like these Subaru's can be a little more expensive to fix but offer more power. Oh the decisions.
MarlinDarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:37 PM   #6
ffmedic1974
Not Yet Wild

Supposedly Kohler is making the new Club Car engines. I have a 2016 club car and the power to get up our very long steep hill from the lake is easy with the club car. We pass all other carts easily. Wish Yamaha would step up their game on power.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
ffmedic1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #7
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

I went to Club Car for training when they first brought out the Subaru engine. Extremely simple and easy to work on. Also a Cam chain engine. The problem is the Subaru engine is not made anymore and parts in 10 years might get a little scarce.
aintgotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Near the beach I would get a Club Car.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:32 AM   #9
Greg001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
The Subaru engines will run over 30mph with minimal mods on slightly larger than stock tires, and still have plenty of torque to get 4 people moving.
The biggest downside of the Subaru engine is they don't make them anymore.

I don't know much about the Ezgo Kawasaki engine.
The EZ-GO FE engines are the exact same as in Club Car but run CCW. I put a EZ-GO FE400 in my '02 Club Car. Bolts right up to transaxle and mounting plate. The crank has a short steep taper vs Club Cars long slight taper. So a different clutch has to be used. I just got a trashed and abused John Deer Gator. It also has the FE400. It could also bolt right into the Club Car. But runs CCW. The Gator has a Kawasaki transaxle that looks just like the one in my Pioneer. Spring perches and hardware is the same as well as trans case. The differential lock is the same too. But does not have the mechanical speed sensing governor.
Greg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I think the club car Kawasaki has a counterbalance shaft where the ezgo doesn’t. Hence smoother. I am not a big fan of the new Kawasaki in the ezgo.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car