lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
k.ueki
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas CC Carryall - changed belts, now loud squealing

Hello everyone,

Two days ago my co-worker and I changed the two belts on our CC Carryall Gas cart (either a 300 or 500, Turn key to on position and must push gas pedal to have the belts run/turn.) Now it sounds worse with the new belts. I have never changed belts, but my co-worker seems to think that the skinnier belt is not on tight enough although when we tug at it, it is very tight. The nut position is even higher than the previous position when we first took off the skinny belt since he thought the belt was slipping.

I apologize for not having the correct terminology - very brand new to this!

Any ideas on how to find out where and what the problem(s) are and how to fix this is much appreciated. Please let me know if you need more details. This CC CA doesn't have an oil filter, if that helps.
k.ueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Gas CC Carryall - changed belts, now loud squealing

Either it has the wrong belt, or the new belt is crap.

Where did you get the belts?

What year is your cart? Sounds like its older and might have the flathead engine?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
k.ueki
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Gas CC Carryall - changed belts, now loud squealing

Hi Fairtax4me,

Thank you for your help. The Club Car Carryall 500 Gas is a 2014 model. I hope this helps.

We bought the belt from our local Napa store. It has the v shape but also has notches in them. The guy said it would work fine like our old one...
k.ueki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belt, carryall, gas, noise, squeal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car