lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2020, 06:02 PM   #1
Ferrisone28
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 DS - Brake Extension

Hello all. I have a 87 DS that I put a 4" lift on. I have adjusted both the cable at the divider and each drum and brakes are still non existent. They do sell an extended block for 88 and up which is a single piece of angle with 2 holes and 2 slots, easily attached to the frame.

However the 87 is a different setup from brake diverter to cable supports. Can anyone offer any tips / tricks they did on their pre-88 lifted carts to get the brakes to work? I believe one gentleman may have swapped brake backer plates from L to R and the attachment arm would face the front of the cart, not the rear (if that makes sense?) I dont want to tear all that down unless it works 100% lol. Thanks All!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200827-184402.jpg (6.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0827201838a_HDR.jpg (207.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200827-190021.jpg (11.0 KB, 0 views)
Ferrisone28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 87 DS - Brake Extension

My golf cart is also an '87 and I have a 6" lift. I was having issues getting a good pedal early on, but I only seemed to be having a braking issue on one side where the cable seemed just a bit short. So here's what I did and it's worked for several years.

Also, adding new brake pads will also help if you haven't done so already. My brake pads were pretty worn out earlier this year and I was unable to get good pedal pressure until I put on a new set. I had put on a new set at the time of the lift (around 2013) and didn't think they'd worn out that quick on a golf cart but they apparently did.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:33 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What do you mean by “non existent”? Can you explain what’s going on a little more than that?
Lots of things can affect braking. Got a few ideas but your description leaves us with nowhere to start.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:36 AM   #4
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Buy longer cables off amazon or do what he posted above in the pic
Crack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car