lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2020, 09:41 AM   #1
89redgt
Not Yet Wild

Default My 2003 Pioneer 1200 is backfiring and wont idle

I cant figure out whats going on here and before I start pulling things apart I wanted to put this out to the board and see if anyone has any ideas.
I recently picked up a 2003 pioneer 1200 with 400cc Kawasaki engine, the motor was a little rough running so I removed and cleaned the carb, and installed a new plug and air filter and for the last month it was running an idling great, no hesitation or popping whatsoever.
Then all a sudden after a short ride to the golf course it was difficult to start and wouldn't idle.. however at WOT it runs fine, but letting off the gas it will begin to backfire and when coming to a stop it would die.
Does anyone have any thoughts.
Thanks
89redgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2020, 08:37 AM   #2
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: My 2003 Pioneer 1200 is backfiring and wont idle

We’re you at full throttle or slow going? Was there’s any color smoke coming out? Need more info for anyone to help on this
Crack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Nlb7928
Not Yet Wild

I would suggest checking your valve clearance and resetting it. But, for me, my 290 that was backfiring ended up needing a new ignition coil.

Nathan
Nlb7928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
89redgt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack View Post
We’re you at full throttle or slow going? Was there’s any color smoke coming out? Need more info for anyone to help on this
when starting, which is tough w/o choke, it will puff out a little white smoke, but then that stops once it revs up. When moving at full throttle it seems to be fine,but when letting off it starts backfiring and will die if I let the engine come down to idle. pulled the plug and it looks sooty, but not oily; however the electrode surface is clean.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #5
89redgt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlb7928 View Post
I would suggest checking your valve clearance and resetting it. But, for me, my 290 that was backfiring ended up needing a new ignition coil.

Nathan

mine is the 400cc, do you know where I can find the valve clearance specs? How do I check the coil?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car