lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #1
Mauricio
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas club car won’t shut off

I’ve been looking around and can’t seem to find a fix for my club car gas powered.I started to use my gas cart about couple days ago and all of a sudden my gas cart won’t shut off.So I had to disconnect my battery cable.Even if I turn the key switch to off it will still run.Any ideas what could be the issue?
Thank you
Mauricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Gas club car won’t shut off

Probably either a stuck solenoid or stuck microswitch. My bet would be solenoid.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
Mauricio
Not Yet Wild

I was checking it out and it seems like the solenoid is new. Are the micro switch suppose to be closed?When i press the pedal they disengage.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If the solenoid is new I’d suspect t maybe an aftermarket which is highly failure prone, or not the correct type of solenoid. Put your finger on it and when the pedal is pressed it should click and the motor should run. As soon as you release the pedal you should feel it click again.

Are you familiar with a volt meter and a general knowledge of how to use one? I don’t mean to sound condescending, I just don’t know you or what your general mechanical abilities

My money is on a failed solenoid but we can do some tests to verify
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:03 PM   #5
Mauricio
Not Yet Wild

Yea I have a volt meter but I’m not to sure what should have electricity and what shouldn’t.I also took the solenoid off and it rattles i dont know if that’s normal.I might just go ahead and replace it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car