lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
Fatboy7112
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo 93 marathon controller questions

Hello all, new to the forum but I have got some great advice off of here throughout the past year. Having some issues with my 93 Ezgo Marathon. The forward reverse switch got to hot and the cart would only go in reverse, while troubleshooting that the solenoid quit working. Replaced both of those and still the cart won't run. I ran the test that I circled in the photo I attached. Where do I go from here. Does that test show I need a new controller? The cart is lifted, if I need a new controller what would you all recommend? 36v Ezgo Marathon and I posted the controller picture as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210327-143349_Chrome.jpg (152.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210320_140600.jpg (204.2 KB, 0 views)
Fatboy7112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo 93 marathon controller questions

That isn't the most informative test in the world. It tells you there is no output from the controller, but doesn't help you narrow down the problem.

Try measuring between the controller's B- and M- terminals instead of between its M- and B+ terminals.

You should get full battery pack voltage (38.2V if fully charged) when the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click. If you don't get the voltage, use the red test lead that was on the B+ terminal to go looking for it. F/R switch is the most likely suspect.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:37 PM   #3
Fatboy7112
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I did the test you recommended, it had full battery pack voltage When I pressed the pedal. I did replace the f/r switch and it still won't move. The solenoid clicks as well. Is it possible the new F/R is bad or hooked up incorrectly?
Old 03-28-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy7112 View Post
So I did the test you recommended, it had full battery pack voltage When I pressed the pedal. I did replace the f/r switch and it still won't move. The solenoid clicks as well. Is it possible the new F/R is bad or hooked up incorrectly?
If you get pack voltage, then the F/R switch contacts are forwarding voltage like they are supposed to. The speed control valve is located between the B- and M- terminals and should be the only open in the high amps circuit, so the full applied voltage will drop between them if the high amp cables, connections and contacts are intact.

You get the voltage, so slowly press the pedal to the floor and the voltage ought to smoothly decrease to 0V.

If it doesn't, either the controller or throttle is bad.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:31 PM   #5
Fatboy7112
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry but a bit confused, what is my multimeter connected too for the last test you recommended. Thanks
Old 03-29-2021, 07:36 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

B- to M-

Full pack voltage when solenoid first clicks and decreases to zero as pedal is pushed to floor.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:22 PM   #7
Fatboy7112
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay I did that and it did not go to Zero. Thanks for the clarification. I did test the potentiometer and it tested good, so it must be the controller?
Old 03-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy7112 View Post
Okay I did that and it did not go to Zero. Thanks for the clarification. I did test the potentiometer and it tested good, so it must be the controller?
If the pot went from zero up to about 200Ωwhen pedal was up and from about 4500Ω to about 5500Ω with pedal down, the controller is most likely bad.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:33 PM   #9
Fatboy7112
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:14 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO