lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2021, 08:02 PM   #1
tlbright1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1984 Club Car DS gas

Hi all,

This is a first post and I have a question. I have found a 1984 DS gas club car for a reasonable price. The problem is, the gentleman said it belonged to his late father and it has not ran in 3-4 years and was stuck in reverse last time it was being ran. I am not familiar with the club car rear end and I was wondering what could be bound up. The guy said his dad had backed up, it would not come out of reverse, and he put it in the shed and never touched it. The cart looks in pretty good shape and appears to be lifted with bigger tires. Is the cart worth $1000 with the issue and not running? I would think a battery and carb cleaning would probably get it running. Thanks for any input.
tlbright1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2021, 08:05 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1984 Club Car DS gas

Most likely the shifter cable stuck. You can disconnect it at the trans and shift by hand.

Normally I’d say $1k is pretty high for an old broken down cart. But with the prices of carts now days it’s probably pretty reasonable depending on your location
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:43 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1984 Club Car DS gas

Sounds pretty reasonable to me for where I live. If it's high, it's not that much higher than it's worth. Already lifted is usually a big plus. Post pics when you can if you have them.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car