lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
TimmysMom
Not Yet Wild

Default Accelerator won't make contact with copper points - can you help me?

Our "handyman" is obviously deaf, because when I tell him my cart won't go, he re-charges it. (Even though I charged it all night).

I looked at the accelerator contact points, which are copper, and the last three are so worn, you can't even see copper.

It's a Melex and the boss is so cheap, he runs it on 3 12v, instead of the 6-6v it's wired for. So it holds a charge for a big fat 15 minutes.

I was thinking of gluing a penny on top of the contact point! I'm sure you all have a better idea!

Help - the manure is piling up (I use this thing for ranch work).

Thanks!
Steph
TimmysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Accelerator won't make contact with copper points - can you help me?

Tell your cheap boss it is a fire hazard. The stationary copper lugs are about $1 apiece.... need I say more?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Accelerator won't make contact with copper points - can you help me?

[QUOTE=scottyb;261647]Tell your cheap boss it is a fire hazard. The stationary copper lugs are about $1 apiece.... need I say more?[/QUOTE]

Yes Please???
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
TimmysMom
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Accelerator won't make contact with copper points - can you help me?

I wondered if that was the case as only one coil gets red-hot under the cart - scares me to death as i can feel the heat under my ***.

Where can I get new contact points? I'll but them myself. They are a b#@*& to get to - what can I remove to get my rather tiny hands in there to replace them?

Going to my boss is a moot point - filling his 3 acre pond is more important right now - he won't buy the 6-6v because they are $180 a piece. This guy has more money than God, but doesn't care if his staff has working equipment!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Sorry for the delay. This thread has been sticking with me. I finally had a chance to search through some old parts buckets from yesteryear.

I found 5 used contacts that are in decent shape. Not new, but from the sounds of it, better than yours. I don't remember what year your cart is but I also have a speed board assembly that just needs both single micros and the movable arm bracket/bushing. The board has new contacts and a known good used stock 36v solenoid.

If you haven't already gotten something arranged then just PM me an address and I'll send whatever you might need that I have to you @ no charge.

Just let me know.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
kneddor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well done pggroves! Very generous with both your time and spare parts
kneddor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
TimmysMom
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneddor View Post
Well done pggroves! Very generous with both your time and spare parts
How true, and I am so grateful. But you'll you'll love this: for $50 they bought yet ANOTHER Melex, and are stripping it for parts for the original one - this now makes 3 CARTS that do not run!!!! I have to laugh, because my boss has more money than God, and cannot bring himself to either hire an experienced cart guy, or buy a cart that runs!

So, whatever they do, I'm still hauling the manure cart with my SUV.. .

Thanks for all your help - I'm sure I'll be back soon - LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts