lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tach Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I have the same tach. I had it working on my stock Yamaha, stock ez-go motors and now on my BB.
It's a good tach and will work on almost any motor.
Have you set the number of cylinders per the instructions?
There is a trouble shooting section in the directions, and there is also support at the Eqqus site.

I suspect that if you are dissapointed with CPP that you never did talk with them about the trouble your having.
No the guy who posted that he was very very disapointed. Has not called to see where he screwed up .... aside from posting that crap about a good product from a very concientious busnessman I hope all the sponsors take note of this and don't sell him anything else he may be very very disappointed in
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #12
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txkyot View Post
Purchased the tach from CPP and it is a model # 8068. I think I read the instructions right, but I could have made a mistake. I have not talked to Tom or anyone at CPP on how to PROPERLY install the tach. I don't see a coil on the golf cart, so I connected it to the spark plug wire. Hooked the red wire to the the small post on the solenoid and the black to a ground wire....
Any thoughts scottyb??
The red wire needs to be connected to a switched 12v + circuit, and you have to use the inductive pick up on one of the plug wires. Connecting using the green coil wire won't work on a cart.....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I hope all the sponsors take note of this and don't sell him anything else he may be very very disappointed in

Well stated Scott.

Although it is easy to point fingers and be upset when something doesn't work right, don't be to quick to draw down before you call a vendor, seller, etc, and ask them questions. Maybe you didn't do something right or, maybe you ordered the wrong item for your application.

If you purchased the item from a 'reputable source'.....and CPP is DEFINATELY REPUTABLE.....your gonna get to the issue without a hassle.

That is unless your a J/O and act up on the phone......but that's just my .02

K9
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I also had a problem with the 8068 tach!!! But it was my D/A fault!!! I cut the brown wire that is suppose to hook on the plug wire. But I do know that that 8068 will work on the carts when installed right! Just not installed by someone who does not read the instructions like my self.... Hell it said right at the bottom of the option#3 install DO NOT CUT THE BROWN WIRE!!!!!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #15
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Kev View Post
Well stated Scott.

Although it is easy to point fingers and be upset when something doesn't work right, don't be to quick to draw down before you call a vendor, seller, etc, and ask them questions. Maybe you didn't do something right or, maybe you ordered the wrong item for your application.

If you purchased the item from a 'reputable source'.....and CPP is DEFINATELY REPUTABLE.....your gonna get to the issue without a hassle.

That is unless your a J/O and act up on the phone......but that's just my .02

K9
I'm sorry K9, we don't use that kind of terminology around here..... Around here we say JACK HOLE!!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
I'm sorry K9, we don't use that kind of terminology around here..... Around here we say JACK HOLE!!

Geez....I'm sorry....I guess in the future I will F/O.... "Find Out.........Bahhhaaaahhaaaa !!!
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicalgolfcarts View Post
I also had a problem with the 8068 tach!!! But it was my D/A fault!!! I cut the brown wire that is suppose to hook on the plug wire. But I do know that that 8068 will work on the carts when installed right! Just not installed by someone who does not read the instructions like my self.... Hell it said right at the bottom of the option#3 install DO NOT CUT THE BROWN WIRE!!!!!
I HATE WHEN i DO THAT !!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 70039.gif (4.3 KB, 298 views)
Old 11-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #18
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah it really sucks.... I was all excited to get it on, heck it was almost like christmas morning!! Is there any way of saving it to make it work??????
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicalgolfcarts View Post
Yeah it really sucks.... I was all excited to get it on, heck it was almost like christmas morning!! Is there any way of saving it to make it work??????
I dunno sounds like you cut it off real short? Hey I got an idea! Call Tom and tell him how disappointed you are in him
Old 11-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #20
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

ok guys not to sound like a samrt ***, but maybe a good idea, to make a sticky for this issue. it might help some of the issues that are found here and the p.o. j/o's out there that blame the seller not the installer. even though we all know the custumer is always right. .... just my suggestion.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car