lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
steve1920
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie w/ 1981 G1 questions

Hello everyone. I found this site by accident yesterday and I'm glad I did!! What a great site. I spent two hours reading over the posts and this evening I BBQed my muffler. The new paint is drying and I'll try it tomorrow. I have a ton of questions but I'll keep it short tonight.

What is the butterfly in the exhaust port for? Is it a type of Jake brake? Is it really needed? Do muffler modifications help the performance? Or is it not a good idea to modify the exhaust because of the oiling system/backpresure hose? How many cc's is this engine? What is the best oil to use for the injection on this cart?

Thank's guys,
Steve
steve1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Newbie w/ 1981 G1 questions

Welcome to BGW!
The butterfly is an exhaust restriction to make the engine run smoother and quieter at low RPM's. It keeps the fresh fuel charge from rushing out the exhaust port with the exhaust. Since most of us here tend to do more full-throttle type driving and less putt-putting from hole to hole on the golf course, it really is not needed. You can wire it wide open, or if it is worn/broken remove it entirely and weld the shaft holes shut. This is a low-output 215cc engine, and exhaust mods are most effective if you make other mods to pep up the engine's performance. There are some good threads on here about that. Search for posts by Tikicart and Sho305 among others. Brand of oil is personal preference, but here are some things to consider:
http://www.ultralighthomepage.com/OIL/oil.html
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha