lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #11
bramr1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g16 clutch(es) loud? and/or worn??

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
The "secondary clutch usually will give you a sign something is wrong if you can "hear a "Growling noise" or you fell a "vibration" in the seat of your pants when driving the car. Usually it is a worn out "bushing in the "floating flange". They can be replaced. Or the "circlip" that holds the "spring seat" away from the transmission case has come out of its groove. They have speacial "spacers" that will correct this.
Sorry about the one million and 2 questions.. buuut I have just a few others..

This is from the 97 yama parts manual..

To my understanding, this is a spacer that isnt already on the cart right? .. something that perhaps yamaha updated for the later models and will for these models?
{1}
bramr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramr1 View Post
Sorry about the one million and 2 questions.. buuut I have just a few others..

This is from the 97 yama parts manual..

To my understanding, this is a spacer that isnt already on the cart right? .. something that perhaps yamaha updated for the later models and will for these models?
{1}
Man I wish I knew how to do that ! Actually the "spacer" Replaces the "circlip" that is on the "input shaft" (the circlip is to keep the "spring seat" #7 in the illastration). Yamaha and aftermarket companies came out with the spacer to "fix" a input shaft that had "lost" its goove that would hold the circlip, (You don't even want to no the price of a new input shaft and labor to install it ) Yes ,#4 is the bushing that can be replaced or you can buy a new floating flange assy. Don't forger to "pre load" the secondary when reinstalling. One of the spring goes into hole #3 (on the spring seat) and "B" (on the floating flange), the "turn the floating flange" till the "peaks" goes past the secondary ramp shoes and push it in. (there is a special holder tool) we use to hold it in preload till you get the plastic washer and woodruff key in place. Then the fixed sheave,washer and nut. Tighten with an impact and regrease it......Your are good to go. Hope this helps. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #13
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Great posts smallblock. I would add (if this is a lifted cart with larger tires), now would be a great time to install the spring/spacer only torque kit. We also have instructions here on how to install it.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #14
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Great posts smallblock. I would add (if this is a lifted cart with larger tires), now would be a great time to install the spring/spacer only torque kit. We also have instructions here on how to install it.
I was also going to suggest it. Even a standard car if he wants more torque. But me fingers were tired from so much writing ! "Carpel Tunnel ?" Just kidding. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #15
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I was also going to suggest it. Even a standard car if he wants more torque. But me fingers were tired from so much writing ! "Carpel Tunnel ?" Just kidding. Later Dave
LOL! I turned 40 the other day and can hardly remember who I am. Wait, I think I've always been that way..........I can't remember.

Anyway, spring/spacer torque kit is the best cheapest mod you can do to these Yamaha's.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #16
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

40? I hit 45 just 2 days ago, wait yesterday? No, Monday? LOL - OK on Tuesday. Try using laquer thinner and a terry towel to remove the sticker residue. Works great for us when we clean up carts coming off of lease...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #17
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Happy Birthday.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #18
bramr1
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE: Turns out I installed a power kit, but didn't grease the bearing that sits underneath the clutch and it snapped the input shaft... I may just try to sell this cart, or part it out.. thoughts? I also have a older maybe 1991 Hyundai cart.. does anyone know if the parts are interchangeable.. rear end? -B
Old 08-02-2017, 07:10 AM   #19
RoscoeJ
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g16 clutch rebuild

I ordered new fingers and rollers for my G16 primary clutch ,I'm ready to install ,but I read this is a dry clutch ,my question is do any parts receive any type of lithe grease anywhere on reassembly?
RoscoeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:05 AM   #20
bramr1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g16 clutch rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoeJ View Post
I ordered new fingers and rollers for my G16 primary clutch ,I'm ready to install ,but I read this is a dry clutch ,my question is do any parts receive any type of lithe grease anywhere on reassembly?
You will want to grease the shaft in the inside of the spider where it makes contact with the shaft. I don't believe the rollers themselves get any grease or even oil, but I defer to the experts. I would make sure that grease has reached the destination from where you insert the grease gun on the grease zerk.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha