lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Craig8d8
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 starting problem

Hello all and thanks for a great site! I'm a cart noob so bear with me. Lol

I just acquired a 1999 gas club car that was running when parked about a year ago. First I was getting no fuel..checked everything and determined the fuel pump was bad. Replaced pump and filter. Now it seems to be getting fuel to the carb but not past it. So I took carb off and did a basic clean with berrymans carb cleaner. It was nasty!! Now it's getting fuel into the carb but just dumping fuel right back out of the return(?) hose. The one that comes out of the side and looks like it goes into frame. And it's leaking at that point. Ok so I'm getting spark but the plug doesn't smell like gas or seem wet. Could the carb jet be stopped up? Also I did make it run on starting fluid.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!!
Craig8d8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 starting problem

When you take the carb off to do them you really have to go over it good. You can't just clean it with carb cleaner you have to get in there and use an air compressor to blow through every port you can find really go over it. Lots of guys make the mistake of just cleaning it with carb cleaner and that really does not do it.

So you may have to just take it off one more time and this time go over it really good and use an air compressor to blow everything out and don't forget every jet take them out and run a wire through them to clean the holes. That should do it.........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Dale M
Getting Wild

Pull the bowl off the carb to make sure the float wasn't stuck and the needle valve was free?
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Craig8d8
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response guys!! I'll pull the carb again tomorrow and super clean it. Does anyone know where the hose goes that comes out of the carb and into the frame below the tank?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

that should just hang there somewhere............................
Old 01-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

That hose is for the bowl overflow, it goes down through the frame and gets clamped there,
It's used to prevent fuel from spraying all over the engine compartment while the engine is running (in the event of a carb malfunction) and starting a fire!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
Craig8d8
Not Yet Wild

Thanks don. That's kinda what I was thinking. Would anyone know why all my gas leaked out of the hose overnight? I had a full tank when I stopped messing with it yesterday and now it's empty and a huge puddle on my shop floor!?!?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

wow never heard that one before, are you sure its coming from that vent tube? only thing that comes to mind is the float is sticking and its just filling the carb and running out thur the line but have never saw it before........................
Old 01-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Craig8d8
Not Yet Wild

What could make the float stick? It moves freely by hand.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
wow never heard that one before, ...
X2!

The only thing I can think of is that when you had the carb apart, maybe the needle didn't get reinstalled properly,
and isn't seating like it should, the gas may have just siphoned out the overflow tube.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car