lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #11
SilverLTD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 13hp throttle cable adjustment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
That's awesome man good job. 22 is pretty respectful for no other mods.
Thanks JC!
SilverLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Just so you know from the factory besides the governor there is a rev limiter that electronically kills the spark at a set RPM so you can't over rev it. Biggest problem with that is when it kicks in the cylinder is still filled with gas/air mix that makes it to the tail pipe. Spark comes back on a few seconds later and it makes a pop just like a back fire. Too many of those over time (some times years) and you can damage your muffler. The damage just makes it louder over time. If it does kill it then just let off the throttle a little and no back fire. But other then that it's just a little annoying. I left my rev limiter on after messing with the governor and tell the kids not to floor it.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
javath
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

There is not enough adjustment to get all the slack out but if you run the one nut right to the little rubber boot around the inner cable then tighten the one on the otherside of the bracket to it you are as fast as you can get without getting into having to bend the bracket away from the govenor spring. By the way unless they changed something in 2012 there is no rev limiter on the 13hp kaw engine. I think what JC is experiencing is floating valves (the valve springs cant close the valves fast enough for the engine rpm causing the engine to push unburned fuel into the exhasust. Could be bad. Stay under 25mph and you won't have any problem. Fact of the matter is that unless you are driving on the road I think you will find the suspension isn't good enough for anything faster pretty rough ride.
javath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
botiklr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLTD View Post
Botiklr,
Thank you very much for the reply!
Got it figured out.
From 16mph to 22mph on gps, after adjustment.
Stock 22" tires and one fat-azz onboard! (ME)

dont get all the adjustment out of it then you will float the valves. I got 25 gps on mine with me in it , i am 250lbs. Glad you got it going!
botiklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
SilverLTD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by botiklr View Post
dont get all the adjustment out of it then you will float the valves. I got 25 gps on mine with me in it , i am 250lbs. Glad you got it going!
What is the sound or feel that is experienced when the valves begin to float?
SilverLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
botiklr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLTD View Post
What is the sound or feel that is experienced when the valves begin to float?
sounds like popping,backfiring, and a slight miss
Old 05-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't have an ez go with the kawi engine I did a quick google search that said there was one. I do have the Kawi FE350 in my Club Car and it deffinetly has a rev limiter and I was describing it's effects. I have never revved one of theses engines to the point of valve float cause I have always left at least the rev limiter attached.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
botiklr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
I don't have an ez go with the kawi engine I did a quick google search that said there was one. I do have the Kawi FE350 in my Club Car and it deffinetly has a rev limiter and I was describing it's effects. I have never revved one of theses engines to the point of valve float cause I have always left at least the rev limiter attached.
the ezgo does not have a rev-limiter but does have a govenor on it. Thats why you can float the valves if you rev it to high
Old 06-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #19
normr
Not Yet Wild

Could someone possibly shoot some video on how to do this throttle cable adjustment and then post it on you tube or something similar?
normr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #20
centerhold
Not Yet Wild

Hi Silver. I'm new to the forum. I have the exact same cart as you and would like to get more speed also. Not mechanically inclined though. did you adjust the cable with the gold extension spring or the cable with the silver compression spring? which cable is the acc and which one is the governor? Still confused on how to get this done.
Thanks.
centerhold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
13hp kawasaki, ezgo, gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO