lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
operatur
Not Yet Wild

Default Ran fine then nothing

New to forum, but have really enjoyed reading of the mods and repairs done to all your carts. Bought my 2001 EZ just last week and enjoyed it up to Memorial weekend. We went for a lengthy ride on Friday and everything was fine, a little backfiring and some power loss uphill. Saturday we went to get on cart and generator will run, but not enough to spark plugs. I checked connections, nothing wrong there I could see. Pulled plugs and found them to have very little fire, small and white, nowhere near enuf I dont think, changed them. One question? I'm thinking coil, but have learned alot in two days on this forum. Also can the HEI modification be done to the 2 cylinder 295 Robbins and what does it entail? I think everyone I've seen on the forum is single cylinder, just not that familiar yet. What have I got myself into??? Thanks for any help, Ron...
operatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ran fine then nothing

WELCOME TO THE FOrum

first it is more likely that you have the valves out of adjustment ie backfiring these twins are finiky about valve clearence their is a thread for that in gas ezgo section

the coil deal is also another issue that is more likely to be the connections to the coil check and clean them first , and if i remember correctly their is a conversion for them also listed
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
operatur
Not Yet Wild

i was thinkin of a dual coil setup like the harley had, two pickups one for each plug, also found battery is a goner, full charge until you hit pedal and then i get the flooded smell, gonna change it tomorrow, then try the valves
Old 05-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by operatur View Post
i was thinkin of a dual coil setup like the harley had, two pickups one for each plug, also found battery is a goner, full charge until you hit pedal and then i get the flooded smell, gonna change it tomorrow, then try the valves
i was thinking that i had the same problem and the spark plugs were bad also the connections also caused problems from the way i understand both plugs fire at the same time so ignitor wise it only has one , but always check the free stuff and then replace the cheap stuff , plugs are bp4es ngk .
also my air cleaner gave me some of the problems you described napa gold part 2828
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
operatur
Not Yet Wild

Well, checked connections yesterday,new battery, and checked valves, all seem to be fine. I saw somewhere on the forum, welcome to the madness, I can see that now. Luckily, the man I traded it for said he would have his mechanic look at it today, I just don't know that much about cart electrically, so I guess I'll let him check it out, I'll post whatever we find, didn't get a chance to unhhook the muffler to see if it might be stopped up. The cart was stored for awhile, it may be dirt daubers clogged it up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO