lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
goofy77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face what is highest lift kit avail for 92?

I have a 1992 EZ Go Medalist and am working on a 'makeover'. Would like a 5-6" lift kit for some 12" 22" tires.
Is this a possibility, I can't find a lift kit over 4"
goofy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: what is highest lift kit avail for 92?

You can fit 22's (regardless of rim size) on a 4" lift (tight fit) or a 5" lift (works nicely) ... search 5" ezgo lift on Ebay, theres a company called "ATVexpert" that makes a solid, made-in-USA, quality 5" kit for right around $60-70 shipped
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
goofy77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thx, they are recommending spacers.....are they necessary, and if so- what do you recommend for the size of spacer? they have different sizes available?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

depends on what rims you're using - you need a minimum 1.5" offset rim to avoid using spacers, 2" is better (like an 8" wide rim with a 3:5 offset would be fine without spacers) ... Stock rims would work with 1.5" per side on the front and 2" per side on the rear (I'm personally running the 5" lift with 2" spacers on the front and 2.5's on the back with stock rims and 22X11-8 tires, gives me PLENTY of clearance and a nice, stable, wide stance)
Old 05-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180367977550...84.m1438.l2649

These are the 4" (2 per side) I'm using up front, the same guy has them in 5" (2.5 per side) for the same amount, if you order both he combines shipping
Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
goofy77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Appreciate the info.....I'll see what my hubby wants to do when I get the lift kit and the wheels! I am hoping this all comes in to place by the 4th of July week! Would love to be able to show my new wheels off! Thanks!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Old Ezra
Not Yet Wild

Beware of the ATVexpert lift.............If you're OCD like me.....It is not fabricated correctly. When you take a swing-design rear-end and lower it (lift-it) the mounting angles go-off.
The coils bind due to not lining-up on the coil perches because of the drop.....I installed one today.. It's ugly.....The coil spacers need to be angled to keep the geometry correct, these are not.....

I know this is just a "cart" and this may not bother 90% of cart-folks out there, but it bothers me....Yes it's installed correctly, I've been doing this kind of stuff since I was 6. I'm 51 now..............

Old Ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO