lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
sportsplayer67
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: yamaha g16 cutting out

That is correct where exactly is this relay and micro switch
sportsplayer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
sportsplayer67
Not Yet Wild

Just got my jakes 6" spindle lift in and ordered some 12x7itp with 23x10.5x12 desert fox tires I'll show pics when complete.. It hasn't died out in a while and I fixed the choke problem but I still wanna check that relay and start switch make sure it's all good nutting worse then it dieing out on u with ur wife and 2 Month old baby aboard
Old 07-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Look under the cart by the gas peddle for the micro switch. The relay i think is under the black cover behind the battery.

When my ignition coil was going out it would stop running and would turn over but not catch. If you see those symptoms I would check for spark.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
sportsplayer67
Not Yet Wild

Ya mine doesn't turn over at all soo I don't think it's the coil I think it's that relay or micro switch ur talking about that's the only thing that makes sense since I have to pump the gas up and down to get it to go again
Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Mine did that once and it was a weak battery but it ran fine but if i left the switch on for 30 min it would not turn over or do anything. If i pumped the gas it would sometimes kick on. I replaced the battery a month ago and it is fine now.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #16
sportsplayer67
Not Yet Wild

I have a brand new marine deep cycle in it
Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #17
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So, have you eliminated the solenoid as a potential problem ?? I didn't see anything in your posts saying how those checks went !! The engine stop relay doesn't have anything to do with the cranking circuit, however, the accel. micro-switch does.- RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 07-09-2012 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: corrected.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #18
sportsplayer67
Not Yet Wild

solenoid is good i believe i have an extra one i could swap it out.. but i think it may be this micro switch thing..it seems to happen after ive been riding for a lil while never when its cold.. hasnt done it the past few rides so im having trouble diagnoising the problem
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #19
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I suggest at this time you get familiar with the wiring that the accel switch feeds. Per the wiring diagram, the accel. switch closes and applies +12 v. to a red/white wire that feeds: 1. The engine stop relay 2. the voltage regulator 3. the starter/gen and 4. the solenoid (one of the small terminals). The next time the problem happens the red/wh wire at the solenoid would be easiest to check, so go directly to this terminal and see if pressing the accel. applies +12v this terminal. That should tell you if the switch is malfunctioning. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #20
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You also may want to check the 10A fuse and make sure there is no corrosion.The fuse goes to ground. Never ground anything that pulls any power to the frame. Run a fused wire back to the Batt neg. When the problem happens also measure between the frame and the Pos battery term. You should get 12v. If not then that is your problem...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha