lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
TonyB6255
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 TXT lost take off power

I have new to me 2001 TXT. It was running great and I use it to tow my race car. The problem started the last race when I towed a friends car that had broke at the start line. He kept dragging the brakes and the cart was struggling. Now I don't have nearly the take off power that I did before. I put a new (same size) belt on and it really stayed about the same. I have adjusted valves and did tune up so the motor runs great. I do hear a whining (almost whirring sound) from the back of the cart. It seems to still run about the same top speed, maybe a touch slower. Any ideas? Which is the drive clutch and which is driven? I assume drive is the front. How hard are the two clutches to change if that is what is wrong?
TonyB6255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 TXT lost take off power

Your problem sounds like the clutch most likely...the drive clutch is the one closest to the front of cart...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
TonyB6255
Not Yet Wild

Here is a before and after pics. This is a rattle can job.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
TonyB6255
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Your problem sounds like the clutch most likely...the drive clutch is the one closest to the front of cart...
Which clutch and how hard to change? Also how can I test the two clutches to see of they are working properly?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO