lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
JohnKIOhio
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 88 EZGO Marathon KaChug KaChug And Then Runs Great

I have had the cart for 5 years. It is rebuilt, new starter generator, fuel pump and carb was rebuilt. Last weekend I cleaned the f/r switch. I am just at a loss right now. It runs GREAT. The only problem is it is starting to do this more frequently, it gives a kachug kachug kachug before it fires. I have been on another site for many years and they can't give any good suggestions. It is worse the more weight on the vehicle and when it is cold. Any idea is worth trying so please help.
JohnKIOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
DonoBBD
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 88 EZGO Marathon KaChug KaChug And Then Runs Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKIOhio View Post
I have had the cart for 5 years. It is rebuilt, new starter generator, fuel pump and carb was rebuilt. Last weekend I cleaned the f/r switch. I am just at a loss right now. It runs GREAT. The only problem is it is starting to do this more frequently, it gives a kachug kachug kachug before it fires. I have been on another site for many years and they can't give any good suggestions. It is worse the more weight on the vehicle and when it is cold. Any idea is worth trying so please help.
I would run the lowest resistance plug I could find. The NGK http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product.../iridiumix.asp have the lowest resistance of any plug I have every tested. The resistance of the solid core is ZERO. This gives you the most spark when cold and as the plug heats up it flows spark even better. Best cold start plug on the market ever.

I think what you are experiencing is when the plug is cold your just about blowing out the spark and have a poor rich burn. Once the plug warms up your plugs resistance drops and flows much more power to the tip. Your richness gos away and cart runs fine. Open the gap of your plug by .010-.020 more and see if the cart even starts. If it fouls the plug you need to tighten up the gap .020 from your starting position or grab a $8 iridium plug.

Cheers Don.
DonoBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO