lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 with compression in reverse but less in forward

Each piston ring will have a small mark (I think the letter R) on it and this faces up.
The reason the compression is worse in forward is that the engine spent most of its life in forward. The piston is worn by the downward thrust of the the firing stroke and if you imagine the geometry of the connecting rod it is slightly supporting the piston at a different angle depending on the direction of the rotation.
Removing the governor will not hurt your engine. The law mandates golfcarts at 12 mph but your little 2PG can do much better. It is rated at 5000 rpm and $10 will buy you a very nice tachometer on ebay should you feel the need. I found that with 22 inch tires the cart will max out at ~ 4000 rpm and 20 mph which is fast enough for me.
Finally if your engine was rebuilt then clearly there was a problem to cause the damage you have seen. It is a good move to toss the oil pump. After the rebuild you should run a tank of gas at 40:1 (3 ounces to the gallon) and then after 128:1 (1 ounce to the gallon). Be aware that you should not just pour the oil into the fuel tank but rather mix them in a container by shaking vigorously.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
racin161
Gone Wild

Thanks for chiming in Dave think you've covered all the bases

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Now I need to know the piston to cylinder clearance? My machine shop was wondering what robins specs are, and ring end gap clearance.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO