lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
troytrent
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear clutch removal

Anyone got any good ideals on how to remove a stuck clutch, already missed the clutch up, may have to put some heat on it.
troytrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear clutch removal

The easiest clutch to remove are the EZGOs. Just remove the bolt then pull it out. If its stuck, just tap it turning it around after every other tap.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the one on the rear end or the motor?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
troytrent
Not Yet Wild

Well I've taking two off before like you say but this one is stuck,
Old 10-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
kwik123
Not Yet Wild

I am having the same issue. I removed the bolt, beat on it untill the clutch broke.still won't come off. Tried heat,oil etc. soooooo irritating
kwik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I had the same issue on my 93 which had set outside for a long time. The clutch was set up and not usable. I finally got it off by using heat. I used MAPP gas. I set up the torch so it was pointed at the area where the snap ring is. I would occasionally rotate the clutch and spray PB Blaster into the bolt hole. After about an hour of heat I still had to use long 2x2 pieces of wood as leverage to pry it off. Be careful not to bend the splined axle shaft.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
troytrent
Not Yet Wild

Been trying to get this clutch off without heat didn't want to mess up the seal on the rear end, even tried a ball joint remover, this thing is stuck
Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

My seal is fine. If you do mess it up, it's cheaper to replace than the shaft... if you can find a shaft. I had the clutch smoking before it would budge.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
troytrent
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik123 View Post
I am having the same issue. I removed the bolt, beat on it untill the clutch broke.still won't come off. Tried heat,oil etc. soooooo irritating
I only have a one sided clutch lol, got a new power kit coming but still have to get the half one off
Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
troytrent
Not Yet Wild

Finally got the clutch off, after some heat and a ball joint remover and about four different tries, back is out could only work on it for a while at a time, only cost me 268 for a new power kit and a new spring that I will not use now,,, power kit, clutch and belt 218 shipped from Franklingolfcart.com
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO