lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default No spark...Replacing pulser coil

Hello again golf cart friends....I have a 1981 three wheel ezgo with a 244cc robin engine...I have no spark to the spark plug...I have replaced several things that I will mention later...I tested the pulser coil and it showed bad...Now my problem is getting to the old one...I have removed the fan shroud and the four screws holding the dust cover...I removed the nut from the shaft and PB Blasted everthing in and around the fan...I cant seem to get the fan off to get to the pulser coil...You can see the coil through the slots and have actually unscrewed the coil but it want come through the slots....This plate that has 12 to 15 fan blades on it, is that the flywheel or just a fan....anyway...How do I get that plate off...I put a couple screw drivers behing it to put a little pressure on the plate and tapped with a hammern and it dont seem to want to move...
PLEASE...any suggestions
Thanks
Bill
ncseadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No spark...Replacing pulser coil

You'll need a gear puller or a steering wheel puller (if you're careful) - there are 2 m6 I believe threaded holes on the flywheel, use those to attach your puller and get the flywheel under tension, generally at that point you can CAREFULLY tap around the perimiter of the flywheel (towards the shaft) and you'll hear a "pop" and off it will come

(btw, on the late 80's models the fan attaches to the flywheel with 6 small bolts, you WILL need to remove those 6 bolts and the fan before doing the above)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #3
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks for the response BrewCityMusic,
I sorta wondered if the fan and flywheel were attached..mine is an 81 and seems like it might attach..the motor is still in the golfcart so its really hard to see...I did remove the 4 screws than hold what looks like a dust cover...I dont see anymore bolts or screws, however I can feel two screws/bolts inside of the two slots in the plate where the pulser coil is located...there is also a slotted key on the shaft that I assume holds the fan plate on....I will try and get the two inside screw/bolts out and see if that helps....I already have the pulser coil loose but it will not of course come through the two slots on the plate....
OK..I will try the wheel puller today....and other advice you or anyone can think of please let me know...I will check for response often...I dont want to mess up anything, parts are hard to find for something this old..

Again Thanks
Bill
ncseadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Brew said it. On my 81, I pulled mine off with a steering wheel puller. The flywheel is more or less pressed on to the crank, which is tapered. I built up a decent amount of pressure, then (with the puller still holding the tension) I gave the flywheel a few *light* taps with a mallet. It popped right off. Refrain from using a prying device behind the flywheel again as tempting as it might be. You don't want to break the flywheel.
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO