lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
dodgepa
Not Yet Wild

Default 86 Marathon fuel

I became proud owner of an 86 Marathon back in Aug. and thanks to lots of help from this site I got it running pretty good. Took it to SC for hunting trip and everything went well and plan another shortly. My question is when cart is put away for the winter does anything need done to winterize the fuel or is it best to just run it dry. Thanks
dodgepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 Marathon fuel

The best thing to do is to run it completely out of gas- but you can never actually run the tank completely dry.

A really good thing to do is to pull the fuel line off the carb and plug it and then run engine until the carb is dry (it dies).

IMHO- if you mix your gas 100:1, then it should last 6 months in the tank with no issues.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i read to mix 128.1 and ben doing that..is 100.1 better? i do run my 2 stroke purdy hard,,thanks
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

128:1 is a good mix ratio (it is the factory recommended ratio)- I was just trying to say that it seems that regular 2 stroke gas mix (40:1) goes "bad/stale" faster than plain gas- so having just a little oil in the gas should make it store almost as long as pure gasoline.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i used to be told it would keep longer mixed than regular..but i really dont no that correct answer tho..
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm no expert either- it seems to me like 2 stroke carbs have more issues with old gas than 4 stroke carbs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO