lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Quad Racer Dad
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Problems ( One Blew Up!! )

Ok, 1994 Ezgo Gas 295cc, when I bought it it had a Deep Cycle Battery in it, never had any issues with it until one day at the track it literally Blew Up, pieces and acid everywhere BUT it still worked oddly enough so drove back to camp site and unhooked it and ran to Wally World and purchased a new battery, this was back in April this year. Everything has been fine until this last trip out, the batter now shows a little over 12v but as soon as I Load Test it it bottoms the needle out.

The Cart rides pretty rough with the HD rear springs and 12 inch wheels and low pro tires so is it just beating the heck out of it and causing internal damage or what here?

Seems to charge fine, no over charging or anything.

Thanks
Quad Racer Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Quad Racer Dad
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Problems ( One Blew Up!! )

Well at least I'm not alone not having any ideas
Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you load test it and it bottoms out chances are it has a bad cell.. Take it back to Wally, depending on the warrenty of the battery you bought a new one one may be free. I just took back one of my larger ones that was 4 years old and they gave me $60 towards a new one.. Could not complain when I bought it for $80 4 years before..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Quad Racer Dad
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah its under warranty for sure just wondering what is causing them to crap out especially the one that blew to pieces lol, I have to assume the rough ride is beating them to death inside or soemthing, this thing rides like crap
Old 11-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

A 4 leaf rear will be still but I wouldn't think it would kill a battery. You may want to make sure the rear suspension shackles have some play in them. If they are too tight, they can't move and it will act like a solid axle.. Check at the front and rear of the leaf
Old 11-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
Quad Racer Dad
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I put new HD rears on it about a year ago, they are 3 leaf from what I can see and the tag says SPN-1004, all the shackles are fine, no binding or over tightening but it rides horrible unless loaded down.

Just googled that # and got this info, seems they are for 96+ carts, mine is a 94 wounder if that could have anything to do with it, they went on fine, no issues???

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/EZ_GO...p/spn-1004.htm
Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I think what you have is what EZ-Go calls a 4 leaf.. I looked at the site you posted and found that part number elsewhere and it translated to 70506G01. There are three leaves and 1 spring.. Tomato Tomato.. They just ride rough..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO