lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
Sizzler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: fuel pump

Did you fill the filter & supply line with fuel initially?
Sizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #12
Left Coast Kiteboarding
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzler View Post
Did you fill the filter & supply line with fuel initially?
No. Guess maybe I should. Is there an easy way that doesn't make too much of a mess?
Left Coast Kiteboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:01 AM   #13
clubcarjeff
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep, you don't have one. It isn't vital, just handy.
clubcarjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #14
CRZ
Not Yet Wild

A buddy of mine has a 2000 CC. We got gas for it and I noticed he has the shut off valve. I took a picture for any one interested. It's a red lever type.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375511963.449105.jpg
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #15
dewzer
Getting Wild

Double check your engine oil level. You should not have oil in the vacuum hose to the fuel pump so that is an issue right there.
If overfull, something went a miss. Drain your oil to reach proper oil level then disconnect the vacuum hose and clean it out with a spray cleaner. Make sure the oil does not have gas in it. It would appear thin and smell like fuel.
Did this engine run for you at one time? Was it ever flooding out?
A carb with a sticking float or choke could have allowed fuel to bypass into the crank case causing a overfull crank case condition and in turn block the pulse line to the fuel pump. That would cause you to have no vacuum to the pump. OR someone did an oil change and put in to much oil.
I also notice the end of your fuel filter looks black. I would change that out. Possible pluggage.
There is a suction tube/pick up tube in the fuel tank, make sure it is not bottoming out on the bottom of the tank plugging it off.
I have seen the tops of tanks sag and cause the tube to hit the bottom of the tank. Might as well put a cork in it.
A few more questions, Why was the fuel pump changed? What was the running condition of the engine like prior to needing repairs if it was a running engine.
Resolve the oil in the pulse line first then go from there..
Once you know the oil level is proper disconnect the pulse line from the pump, put your thumb over the end of the line and try and start the engine. You will feel the pulse suction.
Once you know that you have pulse vacuum, hook that line back up to the pump and disconnect the fuel line from the carb. Aim it into a can or jar and try and start the engine. You should be pumping fuel out that line.
If your new filter is not filling with fuel and you do have a pulse vacuum at the pump then you might need to prime the line as mentioned.
If for some reason your not pumping fuel, I have seen a new bad pump.
I think the oil in the pulse line is your issue. Crank case is over full.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:06 PM   #16
Bansheetaz
Not Yet Wild

Ive got oil in that line also.. cart is hard starting due to not pumping fuel. Oil isnt overfull.
Is the fuel pump pulse created by the piston movement or is there something else that makes that work
Bansheetaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hook ups
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car