lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
unixwizz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2003 Carryall 6 Fuse Block

Hello I am new to the forum and have searched through stickies and forum high and low without luck. I am trying to figure out what the fuse block with 4 20amp fuses are used for in the engine compartment. I assume it could be for horn, lights and other but am looking for confirmation.. My front lights don't work and build are ok however rear lights work.

I also cannot find out what the relays is used for in any of the service manuals..

Appreciate any help you can provide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfelectric.JPG (170.9 KB, 0 views)
unixwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Carryall 6 Fuse Block

Welcome to BGW unixwizz!

You have a "key start" vehicle, all of the wiring diagrams in the stickies are for the more common "pedal start" vehicles!
(The relay in the box is a dead give-away for a "key start" cart!)

According to my 2007 FE350 supplemental manual, your fuse block should be set up like this: (give or take)

1st fuse from the left: Key switch, (red wire) and reverse buzzers (orange wire)
2nd from left: Light switch (yellow)
3rd from left: Horn button (red w/wht stripe)
and 4th (far right): Brake lights (green w/wht stripe) and a spare (blue)

As for your rear lights working and the head lights not working,
There are 2 wires from the light switch powering the front and rear lights separately,
The first thing I'd look for is a bad or an open ground from your head lights going to the ground block.
I also noticed that there is a "voltage reducer" between the head light grounds and ground block,
I don't know if that may have something to do with your lights not working, because, I've never seen one of those before!

I can't say I'll have time to scan the wiring diagram that I have in the next week or so, but, at least... this is a start!!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
unixwizz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Carryall 6 Fuse Block

Thanks Lockman for the help... This is indeed true for the fuseblock.. I found this out by grounding out the key start when taking it out to look for loose wires etc,.. Well it blew the first fuse so bingo!!! :) I am well on my way now...

Thanks again!!!
unixwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car