lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Rjl2006KR
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default E85 Conversion fe290

Im sure im crazy for doing this but i know you can make hp with e85 fuel. Question is has anyone attemted it? Thought about it? Or will it even work with the given limited upgradeability of these carts. Let me know your thoughts on this. It may be something i might try to tackle in the near future.
Rjl2006KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: E85 Conversion fe290

You can but you will have to run e85 all the time. You will have to get bigger jets and might mess with your timing.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

You will need larger(quite a bit larger)jets,colder spark-plug,and more timing-advance(offset flywheel-key if they have them for that motor).If you let it sit more than a day or 2,you will need to flush it with gasoline,or the Alcohol will destroy the fuel-system(other than the tank),alcohol and plastic are a good combo,aluminum or steel,not so much.When we raced Go-Karts,we switched to Alcohol,and no one told us about flushing it out for storage(3-5 days).We parked them for 3-4 days,went out to start them for the next event,no-go.The carbs were destroyed.After that we drained them after each nite,put about a pint of gas in,start them and let them idle until they quit,problem solved.You could set up a small tank with a separate fuel-system and a valve,then you could flush it when needed.Remember too,using E85,gas mileage drops drastically too.In all honesty,unless you are just trying to be different,don't bother,the performance-gains you will see aren't really worth the hassle.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I also think it's not worth the hassle. Your fuel system will be eaten alive anywhere that it's metal (and not stainless)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjl2006KR View Post
Im sure im crazy for doing this
Yeah, I agree with this.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Rjl2006KR
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes i know. I have done some other research and along with pachangas comments I think it would really be more work in the long run having to flush the system and such. I just know how much easier you can make power over gas and cheaper than gas. But really it just like setting it up to use race gas.
Rjl2006KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes and unless you run crazy high compression you don't get anymore out of it.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

You don't really need high compression to make power with Ethanol,it helps,and more compression does make more power,plus with alky,you can run a lot more timing than with gas,but for a daily-driver type situation,its' a bigger headache than the gain justifies.For the money and time it will cost you,get a Clone-motor and be done with it.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car