lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Hemi Tim
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1990, 6" lift, shudders on take off

Hey guys, I've got a 1990 club car with a 6" super sport lift. It shudders or bucks on take off unless you kind of feather the pedal and go light. It is worse on an incline. I replaced the belt when I did the lift and I don't remember it doing this before. I put a new snubber on it but it's still shuddering.

Any ideas on what I can do to eliminate this? It runs great but it just has this small problem.
Hemi Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1990, 6" lift, shudders on take off

Check out this thread.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ft-25s-13.html

This guy has the same issue. When he shakes his cart in the garage, the rear axle twists independently from the motor. See if yours will do that. Also make sure your u-bolts are tight. He has an 8" lift on 25s and has really long u-bolts. He's planning on adding some kind of bracket to brace the motor and axle together better. They should not be moving independently of each other.

I have an '87 cart with the 6" Allsports double a-arm lift and haven't have any issues.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Hemi Tim
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm not having the movement that he described. Everything looks tight. I do have about a 1/2" of space between the front snubber and the frame. I put a new snubber on it this year and that helped. The 'bucking' or 'shuddering' is when the front snubber is banging off the frame.

When I washed the cart last week, I got some water on the belt and clutches and it wouldn't shudder. However, when it all dried out again, the shudder was back. It's almost like this new belt grabs too well.

Any ideas?
Old 09-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

If it's the snubber, check out this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ops-hills.html

This guy is having what sounds like the exact same problem you are having. You should comment in it and see if he ever figured it out. There's a video posted in there as well, see if it's a carbon-copy of your issue.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Hemi Tim
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Springbok,

I built a stand off for the snubber mount as you did, which in effect levels the engine much closer back to stock geometry. No more bouncing, no more shudder. I can feel the snubber when it bumps the top mount and that's it. After looking at your setup I figured it can't hurt to level the motor and see if that gets rid of it. I'm glad I did. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hopefully that helps someone else out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car