lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 2cycle gen

my 91's start/gen won't turn with the belt on and the wires get red hot,what should I check? thanks
panamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: 91 2cycle gen

Prob froze up geny/starter. Remove and do a rebuild if it is not to far gone. If so, new starter/geny.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does the engine turn Ok by hand? The belt could also be too tight. That will make the S-G harder to turn. You can also check that the insulators where the cables mount have not failed and letting them short out to the case. That's about all I can think of to check.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
gregorythomas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the same problem on a 90 Marathon, turned out the cart had been sitting long enough that the engine was bound up. I pulled the spark plug and put in a bit of 2 stroke oil and then was able to turn the crankshaft by hand using the drive clutch to hold onto and get it broken loose. Before I did that I loosened the starter gen belt to see if it would spin at all. After i could turn the crankshaft fairly easily with no plug i tightened the belt up and has the starter gen spin the motor. Did this for a few spans of about 20 seconds and that got the motor spinning freely. Put the plug in and good to go.
gregorythomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO