lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
Bcess
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Not getting fuel to carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewzer View Post
Blowing through the pump is not a good idea, expecially with high pressure. The diaphram will be damaged.
There is an impulse line that attatches to the crankcase of the engine and then to the pump. First off, make sure it is hooked to the proper port on the pump. Normally the port in the center of the pump would be for impulse.
Make sure the hose is not cracked or real soft. A crack leeks vacume and a soft hose will pinch itself off and give no "suction impulse" to the pump.
There is also a small brass filter on the body of most pumps and if that is plugged with dust/dirt/grease the diaphram will not operate properly.
If you have a pump you can disassemble you can clean that breather screen, if it is a sealed pump the chances of cleaning it are > 60/10 <, That means not good.
You know you have fuel comming out the feed line to the carb as you manually forced it to do so, leave the line to the carb disconnected and aim it into a container to catch the fuel. Try and start the engine and see if your pumping fuel.
If you have a clean tank, varified the suction tube is not restricted, new fuel lines and filter and the impulse line is functioning properly then the pump is next in line.
I don't see the impulse line you referenced. The line from the tank goes to the fuel filter and then on to the fuel pump. Then a line out of the fuel pump and to the carb. That's all I got
Bcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I suspect the crank seals are bad. When you turn it over the fuel pump isn't working because all of your crankcase pressure is gone because the seals are bad. Here's how the hoses are supposed to be hooked up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1378696722000.jpg (78.3 KB, 0 views)
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #13
Bcess
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast67 View Post
I suspect the crank seals are bad. When you turn it over the fuel pump isn't working because all of your crankcase pressure is gone because the seals are bad. Here's how the hoses are supposed to be hooked up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
That looks like the same way my hoses are set up, where is the impulse line the other poster mentioned?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #14
dewzer
Getting Wild

That pump should have three legs like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel_pump.jpg (52.3 KB, 0 views)
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #15
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Looks like you have a fuel pump that work without a pulse air line. For the price, I would go a head a buy a new one. Here's search results for fuel pumps from one of our site sponsors:

http://www.golfcartking.com/SearchRe...l+pump&Submit=
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
Bcess
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull Joe View Post
Looks like you have a fuel pump that work without a pulse air line. For the price, I would go a head a buy a new one. Here's search results for fuel pumps from one of our site sponsors:

http://www.golfcartking.com/SearchRe...l+pump&Submit=
Yes, I purchased on and will install it and see what ens
Old 09-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #17
Mike490
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If it backfired at all these motors are common for blowing the crank seals out of the motor. Check both the clutch side and flywheel side. No crank case pressure no fuel pump.
Mike490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
Bcess
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike490 View Post
If it backfired at all these motors are common for blowing the crank seals out of the motor. Check both the clutch side and flywheel side. No crank case pressure no fuel pump.
How do I check crankcase pressure? Btw it has never backfired
Old 09-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
Mike490
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you pulled your line to the carb and cranked the motor to see if its pumping fuel? If it is then its not the problem. If it is not pumping pull the line at the pump that comes from the crank case put your finger on the end of that hose crank it over and feel for pulsation. The pulsation from the crankcase pressure created by the piston moving up and down is what powers the fuel pump.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
Mike490
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Correction your pump is mounted direct to the crank case you have no pulse hose. You'll probably have to unbolt the pump and check it at the port. I haven't had a two stroke in years little rusty on them but when I had a problem I usually took a look behind the primary clutch to see if the seal was dangling.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO