lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
matulev1
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with clutch

I have a Jacobsen T 1000 which is basically an 2 stroke ezgo, Marathon. Any way, all summer of driving it around the campsite it worked pretty good except it has this annoying clacking sound (people said it was normal for a 2 stroke to sound loud). Any way, the golf cart would rarely free wheel (in my humble opinion). Anyway the cart stopped running I think the seals went bad, the motor seals I think stopped working, I can not get pressure to run fuel pump. My real concern is when I was trying it to push it back to the campsite I could not push it was like the clutch stayed engaged. It was easier to push when you turned the motor over, but still it took 3 of us to push it. I took the drive belt off and it was easy to push. I plan on rebuilding the motor over the winter and I want to make sure the clutches are running right. Any suggestions on trouble shooting them?
matulev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
H2xed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with clutch

My Marathon is the same way. The belt has a lot of friction on the clutches. The marathon has no neutral position like newer carts with selectable rear ends. They push hard. I had to rebuild the starter/generator and had to pull it to the garage with the garden tractor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (12.2 KB, 0 views)
H2xed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO