lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Default 86 carburetor pic

I've been doing some online shopping for some new parts and I came across carburetors labeled to fit my 86. I don't think I need one, but now I'm concerned that I might have something goofy going on. Hopefully I'm just looking at it wrong. The pics I'm seeing if the replacement doesn't really look the same as mine. Any one else with 86 or this carburetor? Am I seeing things?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.4 KB, 0 views)
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 carburetor pic

That does not look like a BV 18 carburetor as the BV 18 has the choke lever on the side. That said the 2PG engine really isn't that fussy and if you think that the engine is running well I wouldn't sweat it. It might be my bleary old eyes but it does look like the cables are not hooked up correctly. It looks (to me) like the top cable is not connected, so I assume this is the governor which has been disconnected. If the second cable is the throttle then there should be a spring to hold the throttle tightly shut and prevent backfiring on overrun.
Merry Christmas
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Dave your just the guy i wanted to respond. I have installed the spring since the picture. It was taken before all this knowledge was soaked in. It's round ok, It just doesn't feel like its full potential. I hooked up a tach, and she never rolls past 32-3300 rpms. I'm gonna post another pic to show how the cables are connected to the block. Im trying to figure if the carb could be limiting for some reason. I've been battling with a fuel siphoning problem and I'm worried that the needle is sticking. I've pulled it apart and cleaned and re cleaned. If it's time to rebuild, I'm gonna re place. Now I'm just trying to figure out what else I'm gonna have to do for the "right" carb. Any help or pics of similar year cart carb is appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (86.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Mine doesn't look like any of the new carburetors I've seen online. Lucky me.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Good morning Morgan,
Here is a picture of the BV18, it is about the best price that I have seen and from a site sponsor as well. Last time I checked they were offering 5% discount if you used the code BG WILD. After I had rebuilt mine three time I eventually gave up and bought new, it was a great investment.

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-917...7-2-cycle.aspx

Dave
Old 12-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Morgan44
Gone Wild

I'm with you on the investment thing. I'm just trying to figure out if it will help or not. I don't know how to determine what my carburetor is or isn't putting out. What about my cable set up? Is that different than yours? Is that going to be a problem?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The only difference in set up is that (according to your photo) you are still using the oil pump. Most guys will tell you to remove the pump and premix the gasoil, personally I think that I would be tempted to leave it alone, even though I have removed mine.

Assuming that the compression is good and you are getting a good spark I would be looking to get ~ 15 mph with the governor removed and standard tires. My cart had 25 hours on a rebuilt engine and with 22 inch tires I get ~ 22 mph on the flat with an engine speed of 4250 rpm.

Dave
Old 12-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
Morgan44
Gone Wild

The oil injection is removed, again these pics were before the knowledge. The best I get is 16-18 mph and maybe 3500 rpms. With the governor unhooked. 22x9.5x10 tires. Brakes seem right. It almost has to be carb related right?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Looking at pics of new ones, the one I have may be from an 88. So that will dump more fuel than needed right? Could I use that to my advantage?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
Comandodan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It appears that you have a bv-24 carb on there which came on the 88 pg2.
Which the carb and different exhaust rised the hp
Comandodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO