lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #51
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Winter starting issue

sjfishon, I think it is a carb problem and needs a good cleaning. I've had the starting/flooding problem for a while so I don't think it's the gas since I've gone through more then one gas fill while this problem has existed.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #52
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
That just says it should be in the "150 range". I would need something a little more specific than that. Maybe some documentation to support that.
Yeah I agree I'd like to find something more specific. The only other thread I could find was someone selling an engine that had a 130 compression.

As you said, hopefully someone will chip in that has the documention.

Edited to add, another thing that may make a difference. The head says 350, butmy workhorse is the 800 not the 1200, so it should come with the 295 engine. I think I've read you can put the 350 head on the 295 engine, and that may be what happened here from the local dealer. That may change the proper compression.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #53
reinman88
Gone Wild

Looking around I found this thead which talks compression and sounds a little like my cart. Though I still think mine is a carb issue.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...-starting.html

After reading this one I thought I'd adjust the valves again so I can do another compression check while I have the stuff to do it. If I remember right last fall when I had a starting problem I did reset the valves, and I probably didn't drive it 20 minutes after that. But it won't hurt to do it again this weekend.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ion-120-a.html
Old 02-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #54
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

also,,,,,,,, just thinking,, you might have a fuel pump related prob.. take the vacuum line off, at the pump[[the one that goes to the top of the engine. make sure you take the oil fill twist cap off;;; then blow through the hose, towards the engine, this hose will plug, then you wont get a proper fuel pump pressure, hense not starting or running proper...if you have a can of compressed air, that also works well, good luck
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #55
reinman88
Gone Wild

I've checked for gas flow from the fuel pump and had plenty of gas, hadn't tried it your way. With the flooding, wet plugs, and gas smell when not starting I've been thinking too much gas, which is why I felt a carb cleaning was in order.

By the way today I reset the valves again just to make sure. I was at 125 and 130 compression, now I'm getting 135 and 136.

Wanted to again thank everyone for the advice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO