lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
oegibson@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ Go with Robin ID and wiring ??

This is my first Gulf Cart adventure..... Done lots of 50's race cars ( T2VRacing.com) so the mechanics are ok but the unique wiring etc.. ??? figured I would ask the guys who have done it.

I just got a 2 cycle Robin powered E-Z-Go for haul it off please. I am interested in lifting it and using it in the back roads around here. I currently use a old VW rail or my Rupp mini dune buggy ( I live in the hills of AZ.) I have looked on the forums and so far failed to find the decoder ring for my cart.

Tag on right inside says E-Z-GO Textron s/n 347091 mf code A2585.
Based on the white paint with red / orange pin strips I think it is 70's. I need the wiring as I have no key and connect a battery and it will backup beep but that is all. It has the .9 hp 12Vdc motor / generator on the top. Engine spins free and looks like it ran in the last 4 of 5 years. I found and downloaded the mid 70's diagrams but they list internal generator this is on top and centered also looks like it is the starter and maybe back-up method.

Thanks
Owen
oegibson@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: EZ Go with Robin ID and wiring ??

Welcome to BGW

your cart is a 85 marathon, the decoder ring is, the last two numbers in the mf code A2585 here's some info

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ml#post1020825
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

This wiring diagram should get you going in the right direction.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...n-retrofit.jpg
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
oegibson@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks a ton now to get at it ....
Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #5
oegibson@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is the HEI Module the 80's 4 pin unit ? I got the wiring fixed and the carb and oil pump cleaned. Spins over has compression but the spark is intermittent new plug still the same. Coil fires weak but fires with a direct wire test. So..... I think a universal atv coil and 4 pin module might be an answer. You can never have to hot a spark. Do the TDC sensors go bad often ?

Thx
Old 05-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #6
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

The wiring diagram that I originally posted for you is for a modified ignition system. It is done to replace the original ignitor box because the mod is a cheaper, and better alternative.

This is the thread that explains it. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...3pg-carts.html

You may or may not need to do that.

I will post pictures of the old, and new ignitors on mine. I left the old one mounted.

The part number for the Accell HEI is 35361. I paid around $25 for it. Total conversion with a new cheap coil was less than $40

Again, I don't know if your ignitor is bad, but this explains the wiring diagram that you are working off of.

They call the TDC sensor a pulsar coil. I believe the resistance check on that is 75 to 150 ohms between the red and blue wires. You also check each wire to ground to make sure it isn't shorted. They very rarely go bad unless they are physically damaged.

EDIT: In this thread, Dave explains exactly how to test the pulsar. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...37-pulsar.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old ignitor.jpg (181.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg new HEI.jpg (246.3 KB, 0 views)
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
oegibson@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks yeap I thought it was just a coil and magnet system. Hope to get this running and now I may just install the driveline in a 1957 Berkeley I have ( British mico car) should be a fun go to the buss car for the grandson.

How do I insert pictures ???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...portsSE328.jpg

Thanks
T2V

Tags
doa troubleshooting, what is it, wiring, wiring diagrams
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO