lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
NHRA_Racer
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Go Questions

As posted a couple of weeks ago, I am looking to upgrade my older Yamaha with a newer EZGO.

It seems like the nicest carts I have found online in the Midwest have been at SS Carts in Lawrenceburg, KY. I'd like to find a cart that I can maintain and have over the next 8 years or so as my kids age up in the junior dragsters.

First, anyone have any experience with SS Carts?

Second, Kawasaki 13 hp or older cart with Subaru Robin engine?

Third, lifted or not? It seems like the newer models allow the bigger 21" tires which I like and don't need to be lifted. What's the advantages or disadvantages of lifting? I know it is a $500 or so option to lift.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.
NHRA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
jecartag
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ Go Questions

Please keep us posted with your updates!
jecartag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Both motors are good, The Subaru is a 2 cylinder motor that came in 290cc and 350cc the 350 is preferred. The Kawa is a good motor too...... It may be rebuildable? The Subaru had no crankshaft mains or caps so repairing journals was hardly feasible. They did however give up to 5000 hours service depending upon care and use. Sadly it was a one use engine that is no longer produced. I guess that leaves the newer Kawasaki a better choice.

Non lifted carts are easier to slide in and out of. They are more stable and typically produce more torque (pulling cars?)than carts with bigger tires.

I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
Bravo 3
Not Yet Wild

NHRA, I'm not familiar with SS Carts, but I bought a New EZ GO Valor / TXT with the Kawasaki 13 Hp engine last spring and it is a Great Package !

The Valor is sold as a Limited Quantity Vehicle each spring and I think each dealer only gets a few of them.
It's a Great Value as it comes with a 2" inch lift, 10" inch Aluminum Wheels, 18" inch Tires, Headlights, Taillights & Horn.

The 13Hp engine has got lots of power and from the reviews I've read and recommendations from friends, it should be a good long lasting powerplant.

Since it's my first cart I didn't know if I wanted to get involved with buying a lift kit and wheels & tires afterwards so when I found this package and managed to get an even better price than msrp, I jumped on it !

From what I understand sometimes the Ez Go warehouse will have a few left over even if the dealer is out of stock.

Good Luck ! Bravo 3
Bravo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How fast can you get it to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 3 View Post
NHRA, I'm not familiar with SS Carts, but I bought a New EZ GO Valor / TXT with the Kawasaki 13 Hp engine last spring and it is a Great Package !

The Valor is sold as a Limited Quantity Vehicle each spring and I think each dealer only gets a few of them.
It's a Great Value as it comes with a 2" inch lift, 10" inch Aluminum Wheels, 18" inch Tires, Headlights, Taillights & Horn.

The 13Hp engine has got lots of power and from the reviews I've read and recommendations from friends, it should be a good long lasting powerplant.

Since it's my first cart I didn't know if I wanted to get involved with buying a lift kit and wheels & tires afterwards so when I found this package and managed to get an even better price than msrp, I jumped on it !

From what I understand sometimes the Ez Go warehouse will have a few left over even if the dealer is out of stock.

Good Luck ! Bravo 3
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #6
Bravo 3
Not Yet Wild

Honestly I don't know, I haven't checked !
Where I live our street has several steep hills and I was mainly looking for something that had plenty of power and something that looked sharp.

I rented a CC prior to getting the EZ GO and it had a 9Hp Kawasaki that really struggled to make it up the hills, but this 13Hp has got lots of torque and it cruises up these hills with power to spare !
Bravo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO