lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #11
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1989 EZGO 2 stroke bogging after oil disconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric44 View Post
Nope didnt have the fuel lines to the tank apart. Checked fuel pump and has good flow on throw filter. Dumped oil directly in tank, shook whole cart to mix it. Im missing something yes. Cant figure yet what it is .
I doubt shaking the cart would mix the oil/fuel. Use a clean stick to aggitate the fuel inside the tank. Does it liven up if you add a little choke?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #12
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I learned with the 88 I recently fixed that these motors are really intolerant of air leaks. Did you do anything to seal the threads on the bolt you put in place of the banjo bolt? From what you describe it sounds like it's sucking too much air to mix with the supplied fuel which leads to one of two possible issues - not enough fuel or too much air. Since it ran good with the filter off before I'm gonna say not enough fuel. When you had the carb apart did you check/change the float setting?

EDIT: Saw 89 posted at the same time - stick with him cause he's way better at this stuff than me!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #13
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
EDIT: Saw 89 posted at the same time - stick with him cause he's way better at this stuff than me!
I'm flattered, but I think we can all contribute something here.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #14
ric44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Makes me feel kinda stupid though lol. It was running great before. Oh well Ill get it figured out in a day or two. Just aggravating is all.
ric44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #15
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
I'm flattered, but I think we can all contribute something here.
No doubt we all contribute - you're the better engine guy though. (I'm still learning!) I'm just a sparky guy who dabbles in gas carts hoping the sparks and gas don't ignite!

Ric, no use feeling like a dummy, we've all been there, some of us quite often. (Me!) You'll figure it out, you just have to change one variable at a time til it works.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #16
ric44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No I didnt use any sealant at all on the bolt. Just the thin washer. Yes I did reset the float level while it was apart. It looked like it wasnt holding enough gas in the bowl so I tweaked it till the float set parallel to the gasket surface holding it upside down .
Old 05-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #17
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric44 View Post
No I didnt use any sealant at all on the bolt. Just the thin washer. Yes I did reset the float level while it was apart. It looked like it wasnt holding enough gas in the bowl so I tweaked it till the float set parallel to the gasket surface holding it upside down .
What about adding a little choke. Does it liven up at all?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #18
ric44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Choke just bogs it down more. I did notice if I patted- feathered the gas pedal where it cracked just off idle it would act like it was gonna rev momentarily then act boggy again .
Old 05-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #19
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Any way something could have gotten into the intake and is keeping a reed open. Did you just plug the oil injection hole with the same size bolt, or did you modify it to accept a different size? Are both screws still on the throttle and choke plates?
Old 05-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #20
ric44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Only thing I know to do is get it up in the air running and check all the possible leak points with wd-40 while its running. Maybe Ill find something . The plug looked really dry and tan color when I checked it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO