lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
Wiggitty
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Marathon 4" Lift

Has anyone used the EZGO marathon economy 4" block lift? Thinking about putting it one cart. Curious what people think about it.. Any pics of one with this kit on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wiggitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Marathon 4" Lift

Here's a Marathon I did several years ago with the block lift and 22X11-8 Tires

Installation takes about an hour if You've never done it before, stubborn bolts, etc will add to that almost guaranteed so soak everything FULLY with PB Blaster daily starting when You order the kit, by the time it arrives You should be good to go
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
Wiggitty
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That looks sweet. Does that kit make it ride rough? Just curious what the advantage to a drop axle kit would be over the block...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wiggitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I have the same in 5". The main advantage of the block is that it lifts the cart and is cheap. It does not, however increase the ground clearance. The picture below is mine and I have no complains with regard to ride quality.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:50 AM   #5
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave, it raises the ground clearance. because you can put taller tires on.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

CUT IT OUT, You two - Don't MAKE me come down there and separate You, hahahahahaha .... Let me try to clarify what we're all trying to say here before even WE get confused ...

the ride isn't really changed with a lift, as the stock suspension is utilized with the lift (if anything, the taller, wider tires soften things up a bit) ... Ground clearance is (as pointed out above) only altered by the difference in tire size from stock, going from 16's to 22's will give You just about 3" clearance increase with the block kits.

Now, a "Drop Axle" or "Spindle" or even a "Long Travel" kit may *look* like they give You more clearance (and yes, on the front, they do) however all the kits regardless of type keep the rear axle and differential smack in the middle of the rear tire, so no matter what kit you get the rear clearance will be the same on like-sized tires. a 6" or even 8" lift with 22" tires will have zero clearance more than a 3", 4", etc lift with 22" tires.

Lastly, wheel size will affect ride - a 22" tire on an 8" rim is going to have a lot more sidewall flex than a 22" tire on a 14" rim (and of course, varied levels between as the rim size increases) - the rule of thumb is the smaller the sidewall, the less "give" meaning the ride will be a bit stiffer and more suspension-dependent. If You stick with 8 or 10" rims, also make *sure* to get a quality 4 or 6ply tire, as the flex from a 2-ply tire on a small rim can and will make the cart almost unbearable to drive and corner at speed (plus the ride will become a lot like one of those "Bounce Houses" the kids jump around in at the fair, LOL
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #7
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I had bypass surgery that buggered up my chest nerves so I was going for a soft ride when I bought tires for my old Marathon. I went with 22x11x8 4 ply Sahara Classics. I run about 10 PSI. Been running it like that for several years now with no sidewall issues. The tires still look like new actually. It's not a lazyboy type ride but it's way better than it was with the stock 18x8x50x8's. I have a 4" block lift.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #8
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrlr View Post
Dave, it raises the ground clearance. because you can put taller tires on.
Actually I can't argue with that, of course it raises the ground clearance.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
markups09
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So wierd I just bought this lift for my 87 marathon today. I'm going to be running 22x11x8 super lug which is a farm tread in the rear but I'm not sure what to put on the front
markups09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #10
Cookiebuddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by army View Post
I had bypass surgery that buggered up my chest nerves so I was going for a soft ride when I bought tires for my old Marathon. I went with 22x11x8 4 ply Sahara Classics. I run about 10 PSI. Been running it like that for several years now with no sidewall issues. The tires still look like new actually. It's not a lazyboy type ride but it's way better than it was with the stock 18x8x50x8's. I have a 4" block lift.
Army, did you use offset wheels or spacers, or were you able to use the stock wheels?

Thx
John
Cookiebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO