lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
Hasty1980
Not Yet Wild

Default Ruff N Tuff

Can anyone help with my ruff n tuff runs fine but no acc. Work headlights, tail lights, speedo,ect.
Hasty1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Ruff N Tuff

I had problem with mine with the key switch. First click turned the motor controller on and 2nd click also turned the 48 to 12 volt converter on. My switch was bad, and after taking apart, was never a good design. My 48 to 12 volt converter has 4 wires in two twin bundles, one is the 48 volts being turned on and off and the other two are the 12 volts out. Check and see if the 48 volt in are being turned on a off by the cart. If not I fixed mine by coming off the 48 volt controller wire to a solenoid that has an on/off switch added to it. That way I can turn it off with the key OR the switch.
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Hasty1980
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the help it was the ignition switch.
Hasty1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #4
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is key switch available?
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #5
mattoxh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a question that you may have already answered. My 48 v ruff and tuff has 2 48 v wiresa large gauge red and small gauge red. The large gauge red is switched and leaves as a white large gauge wire going to the 12 v converter for the lights and horn. The smaller gauge wire is switched and leaves the switch as a purple wire going to the volt meter. The problem I have is the switch is bad and the white wire to the 12 volt converter is not getting the 48 v to power the converter. I was wondering if I could connect the white wire to purple wire to get the 48 volt. All the wires leaving the switch are heavy gauge they connect to the white and purple through a connector. Instead of connecting to the small gauge purple I could connect to the heavier red white wire as it leaves the switch before it enters the connector. I could use a relay with a switch instead.
Here is the wiring scheme:
From Battery + Heavy Red wire through connector to Black with Stripe into switch.
From Battery + small gauge Red through connector to Green wire into switch

From switch 48v Red White through connector to small gauge purple to Volt Meter
From switch 48v Red Wire through connector connector to heavy white wire to 12 v converter.
Not Sure yet how controller is powered by the small purple wire unless it powers a relay sending 48v from Battery Pack.

Any suggestions Appreciated.
mattoxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts