lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #11
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 gas ezgo, hard to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
I would check the carb float level. It sounds like it is not set correctly and not shutting off the fuel once the bowl is full.
You will have to excuse my ignorance but isn't this pre set and unchangeable? I believe from what I have read I have the Mikuni BV-18 or the BV-21 Carb. If there is a way to adjust I have no problem following directions if your willing to give them
rabar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I would pull the fuel pump off, separate the halves, and check the lower diaphragm for a rip. Sounds like it's pumping fuel straight into the crankcase.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #13
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
I would pull the fuel pump off, separate the halves, and checked the lower diaphragm for a rip. Sounds like it's pumping fuel straight into the crankcase.
Another distinct possibility!
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I would pull the fuel pump off, separate the halves, and check the lower diaphragm for a rip. Sounds like it's pumping fuel straight into the crankcase.
Thanks a lot guys. Cart Around you were exactly correct the lower diaphragm had a very small crack about 1/4" long. Now next question? do I rebuild it or replace it? and where is best place to buy either one? should I also rebuild the carb at the same time? As I said I did pull carb and clean it (did not look that bad) bottom of bowl did show some signs of rusting..... but rest of carb looked clean. Also is there a starting point for carb adjustment? I cant seam to find a manual that could tell me. Thanks again for all your fast responses ! this place is awesome !!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

When I did mine, I found that the rebuild kit was very close in price to a new pump. I went with a new pump.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #16
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
When I did mine, I found that the rebuild kit was very close in price to a new pump. I went with a new pump.
Went ahead and ordered the fuel pump from "golf cart king". As you mentioned the price for a rebuild was not far from new, about $6 or $7 is all. Looked for a while and couldn't find the rebuild kit for my carb tho? I have the 3pg engine from what I have read I need the Mikuni BV-21 rebuild.... any pointers where I may find that would be great. Thanks
Old 08-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #17
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

It was my understanding that the BV 21 was only used on the 1988 (HO) cart, on the 3PG Robin reverted back to the BV 18. Are you sure that you have a 21?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #18
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Isn't the 88 a BV-24?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #19
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
It was my understanding that the BV 21 was only used on the 1988 (HO) cart, on the 3PG Robin reverted back to the BV 18. Are you sure that you have a 21?

Dave
I am not sure at all. just going by what I have been reading. Im not ever sure how to tell the diff. I read that the 1989 ezgo had two engines.. the 2PG with exhaust on the driver side that used the BV-18, and the 3PG with exhaust in front of engine mounted horizontal (as mine is) that used the BV-21.. From what I have read the BV-21 was also used on the work horses... I personally have no clue as to the truth. I rely on the smart ppl here such as yourself.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #20
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just a quick update. I am waiting on the brown truck for new fuel pump. Any more ideas on the carburetor ?

Tags
compression test, oil injection, rough running
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO